24

It was late afternoon in London and just like usual, George and I were laying on the couch watching some tv to pass the time. If we're not streaming, chances are we're sitting on the couch doing something whether that be eating, scrolling on our phones, talking, etc. Right now though I managed to convince George to watch Gravity Falls with me. If I'm being honest, it didn't take much convincing. Nothing did when it came to him anymore.

Suddenly, as the episode neared to an end, he sat up slightly. I followed his movements and made eye contact with him, assuming he was going to say something, "Do you wanna go out with me?" George asked.

"Huh?" I responded, my face morphing into confusion as I thought my hearing wasn't working.

"Like do you wanna go out? With me?" He repeated the question.

"Like a...date?" I asked for clarification. God that'd be so embarrassing if he meant just going out around town in general as friends.

"Do you want it to be?" He laughed.

"Do you?" I quizzed, trying to gage where his head was at.

He chuckled lightly, "Isla would you do me the honor of accompanying me on a date for the evening? Not as friends preferably."

"Don't laugh at me asshole! Do you wanna go out with me?" I mocked in a deeper voice, "How the fuck was I supposed to know if that was as friends or...? Fuck you."

Going off on a tangent only made George laugh harder. That stupid bitch nearly brought himself to tears over laughing at me. I slapped him on the arm and crossed my arms. I sat on the corner of the couch, pouting.

"Just go get ready idiot," he smiled, finally calming down.

"What do I wear?"

George shrugged, "Anything. I don't care."

"George."

"Just some jeans and a shirt? Or hoodie. Something comfortable. I just thought we could walk around downtown or something."

"That's better, thank you."

I went to my bedroom to pick out an outfit for the night. I followed his suggestion and picked out  a pair of skinny jeans and a big tee shirt. I looked through my hoodie collection and grabbed a random one in case I got cold before going back out to the living room where George was waiting.

"Ready?" He smiled.

I nodded, "Is this why you came over in jeans instead of sweatpants?"

"Shut up," he laughed.

"What if I told you to fuck off? Then you'd just be stuck in jeans. That'd be awkward."

"Well you said yes, so how about you shut it."

I mocked him and locked up the apartment. We didn't take my car anywhere and instead started walking more downtown where the London Eye was. Throughout our walk, we'd talk about random things just like we usually do. That was until he asked me a more personal question.

"You don't have to answer this if you don't want, but have you ever dated anyone?"

I quirked an eyebrow at him and sighed, "I have. I just, because of my anxiety, I have a really hard time sticking up for myself and saying no. So the last guy I dated, we dated for three months, and I really didn't like him, but I didn't know how to say no or get out of the relationship, so I kinda just stuck it out."

"Oh," he reveled in my response for a few seconds, "Have you ever dated someone you actually wanted to be with?"

"Uh, yeah kinda. A few years back, it was when I had just turned twenty. Me and this girl I really liked dated for a few months, but I think, uh, I think it was just right person wrong time you know? She ended up moving to Greece. She's probably in a different country by now, she just wanted to travel the world."

"And you didn't?" He questioned further. I'm glad he didn't question the fact that I was with a girl previously. I'm not out to the internet, only my friends. So George wouldn't have known unless one of the guys told him since I haven't gotten around to telling him.

"I think it'd be wonderful to travel the world, but I was at a point in my life where I was questioning what I even wanted to do. She knew exactly how she was going to live her life and I envied that. I didn't want to hold her back when I didn't even know what I was going to be doing a year from then."

"Do you ever regret that decision?"

I glanced at him and smiled, "No, I don't think so. I wouldn't have met Bad or any of them if I went with her. I think everything happened for a reason and her and I just weren't meant to be together. I'll find someone for me someday, and I hope she does too."

We walked in silence for a few minutes as I thought about the conversation we had. I was curious as to why he asked that, and what his responses would be to the same questions. So I asked him if he'd ever dated anyone.

"Well, kinda, but also not really. Back in the uni days, I partied a lot so it was more just hookups. I don't think I've been in a proper long relationship before."

"You partied?"

"Oh shut up," he laughed.

"I can't imagine you being a partier. I'm just in complete shock right now. How dare the poor innocent Gogy be a partier?" I mocked the fans a bit.

"Fuck off."

"Do you see yourself ever dating someone?" I asked once we had stopped laughing.

"I think so."

"I do too," I smiled, thinking about how nice it'd be to have that special person. A shoulder to cry on, someone I could be completely vulnerable with, someone to spend my time with and love. I think I'd be ready for a relationship.

As the sun started to set, we heard the sound of someone singing. When we got closer, we realized it was someone busking downtown. They were singing Just the Way You Are while strumming on the guitar. Everyone was strolling past, not even batting an eyelash towards this person. I tugged on George's arm to stop him and asked if we could stay to listen for a tiny bit.

"Cause you're amazing just the way are," George sung along in a silly voice, pointing at me.

We danced around and George reached his hand towards me. I took his hand and he immediately started dancing like an idiot, jumping around and tugging my hand to get me to dance as well. I looked around, saw that no one was paying attention still, and I danced along with George. We looked stupid, but we were having fun. He twirled me around and grabbed my other hand to dance more with me.

When the song was over, the busker asked if we had any requests since we were the only ones actively listening to them. I asked if they knew a one direction song and they got excited and immediately started to play Night Changes.

"This song's kind of ironic, don't you think?" I asked George.

"Why do you say that?"

"Night changes? We went from completely hating each other to spending almost every single day together."

"What if I still hate you?"

"I hate you too, idiot."

He smiled widely and shoved me. I shoved him back and we stood there messing with each other while I quietly sung along to the song. Us interacting with the busker eventually brought more people in to watch the entertainment. Before George and I left, we put all the cash we had on us in the tips container they had.

George insisted on bringing food home to the flat, so before settling in for the night, we went out of our way to go to the pizza place by his place. It was the best date I had ever been on because he actually thought about me and knew I wouldn't want to do something like a dinner at a restaurant.

It was a perfect night.