25

In George's half asleep state last night, he incoherently tried to ask me to be his girlfriend. I genuinely didn't think he'd remember asking, so I told him no. However I did say the answer would change to yes if he still genuinely wanted to date me. He responded last night—before completely passing out—that the answer would never change. Apparently the guy gets very sappy when he's sleep intoxicated. Who knew. He's a total idiot the rest of the time.

I was up before him the proceeding morning. I didn't make breakfast for the both of us, instead cooked some annie's mac and cheese since I was craving it. After I watched a few episodes of a random cartoon, I decided to finally wake George up.

"Yo idiot," I called out from the doorway, hoping the shouting would be enough. It was not.

I grabbed one of the extra pillows that always gets thrown to the ground and promptly thwacked him in the head with it as hard as I could muster. That jolted him awake and he decided to glare at me as if I just murdered Cat in front of him.

"What was that for?" He grumpily asked, finally sitting up in bed.

"You've been sleeping all day, I got bored."

"You could've gently woken me up."

"Where's the fun in that?"

I smiled and walked off to the kitchen. He came out of the bedroom less than a minute later, still seemingly grumpy about the pillow hitting his head. Without a single word--and a lot of glaring--he grabbed a bag of sweets forcefully out of the drawer and stomped his way over to the couch. George was acting like a complete child, which he usually does when he doesn't wake up peacefully. He'll get over it though; I give it about five minutes.

"Stop glaring at me dickhead," I said, turning to see him still heavily glaring at me.

"I'm mad at you."

"Okay buddy. You have fun with that."

I brought my knees closer to my chest and propped my phone on top of them. With a clear angle to George's pouting, I snapped a photo and sent it to Quackity and Karl. They loved to have photos of George to use as leverage later on. The last photo I sent to them, they threatened to tweet it out if George didn't join their stream. Safe to say George was not impressed with me. I mean, he knows I do this and hasn't asked me to stop. It's free rein.

Not even five minutes later, after George had gotten some sweets in his system, he turned to smile at me.

"So about last night..." he trailed off.

"What about last night?" I chuckled.

"Has the answer to that question changed?"

"What question?"

"The question about you being my girlfriend."

He seemed so proud of himself for asking. I couldn't help laughing at the hopeful face he was giving me.

"I suppose the answer is yes," I responded.

"I suppose," he mocked.

Nothing seemed to change between the two of us despite our label changing. To me, that's when I know a relationship is good. I remember some past relationships of mine as soon as we got together, the atmosphere seemed to shift. I started to feel uncomfortable around them, always on edge. It's like the previous friendship we had dissipated into thin air. It didn't feel like home anymore and that's what I clung to.

That's why George and I happened to meld so well as we got closer. I instinctively searched for a person that felt like home, someone that felt so comfortable I could just wrap myself in their love. George made me feel like that from the way he gifted me tiny things that had no meaning but became the world to me. To picking up on any slight changes with me and knowing exactly how to comfort me. Even down to the fact that our silences are just pure dopamine. I enjoy being with him, regardless of what we're doing. I haven't had something like that in awhile.

And that's how I knew this relationship would last. It was something, even if it's such a recent thing, that I could see in my future. He was comfort in every sense of the word. Like the warmth of a blanket when your heating goes out in the winter. Or being in a high stress situation and finally escaping it. George is my getaway, the little ounce of freedom.

I didn't ever want to lose what I have in George. He's come to be my home, my person.

"What are you smiling at?" George asked, a grin planted on his face as well.

"Nothing," I said, shaking my head lightly. Little did he know I was thinking about him, happiness radiating off me at the mere thought of him.