17

The car ride down to Tubbo's was easygoing. Ranboo and I listened to music, talking more about his trip as he watched the scenery around us. However, he became very quiet when we finally pulled into Tubbo's driveway; the nerves must have kicked in.

"Ready?" I asked him, turning off my car. He nodded, "Excited? Nervous?"

"More excited," he smiled, "Nervous to meet his parents."

"You've talked a little bit, right?"

"Over the phone, but not much."

"They'll love you. They're the best, really."

I got out of the car and Ranboo followed. We decided to leave the luggages in the car for now and I'd help him bring them in before I leave. Dinner would be ready and I didn't want Ranboo worrying about his things. I knocked twice on their front door before walking right in.

"Isla!" Lani shouted, waving at me from the couch.

"Hi! Where's Tubbo?"

"He's in his apartment office thing. Hi Ranboo," Lani waved at him who was standing behind me awkwardly. I don't blame him; he must be anxious right now.

"You obviously know Lani," I smiled and Ranboo waved at her, "I'm gonna go introduce him to the rest of the family and then bring him to Tubs' office."

I motioned for Ranboo to follow me and we walked into the kitchen where their mum and father were moving around trying to get dinner plated. I greeted them kindly and introduced them to Ranboo. The two talked to him for a tiny bit, then handed him and I a plate of food.

"Bring this to Toby please," his mum said to me, "It was nice to finally meet you dear. I'm sure you've had a long trip and want to rest, so we can talk about the way we run our home and things like that later."

"Thank you," Ranboo smiled.

"I'll be right down," I told them before walking off with Ranboo and showing him around the house a bit and how to get to Tubbo's office.

"TUBBO!" Ranboo screamed and burst through the office door. Tubbo was sitting on his computer chair, something about ships coming from the speakers as he jumped almost entirely out of his seat.

"Fuck you! You scared the shit out of me!" Tubbo screamed, kicking Ranboo in the shins when he was close enough.

"Ow!"

I sat there laughing because I had gotten the whole thing on camera. I ended my video and handed Tubbo his plate of food. He thanked me and started eating it while Ranboo went over to the desk that was set up for him and started munching on his food as well.

"That was the most anticlimactic meeting ever. No hug? No oh my god seeing you in person is so weird?" I questioned, laying down on the couch.

"It was more exciting than you meeting me for the first time," Ranboo laughed, "You just commented about how tall I was then we talked just like we do over FaceTime."

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes, "Well I'm gonna go eat and then I'll probably leave to go back to London."

"You're not staying?" Tubbo asked as if he was shocked.

"I left George alone in my flat and told him I'd be back tonight otherwise I'd crash in your old room," I replied sadly.

"Yeah he's waiting up for her," Ranboo smiled, raising his eyebrows at Tubbo.

"He's waiting up for you, hm?"

"Shut up," I laughed, "Why are you guys looking at me like that?" They continued to stare at me, "Stop it. Oh my god I fucking hate you guys."