7

Yesterday after our kiss, Oscar helped me babysit the twins. When my sister wrote me a message that she'll be home soon, Oscar took off.

Oscar: „When you'll be home? I can't wait to keep going where we stopped."

Elly: „I still need to help decorate. But I'll head back as soon as I can."

He gave me a fast kiss and went off. I smiled like an idiot while watching him walk away.

A few minutes later my sister came through the door carrying around 5 big bags of food and decorations.
Katharina: „Elly! Where are you when I need you?!?"

I rushed to her and took some bags.
Elly: „Calm down, I'm here."

We put everything on the counter.
Elly: „What is all this? Did you buy the whole store empty?"

Katharina: „Practically I did. It was so much to get. You can't imagine what big deal Americans make out of Halloween. Check the bags. Somewhere in there is something for you buried."

I took some things out of the bags and inspected them.
Katharina: „First and foremost, are my children still alive?"

Elly: „Yes, your children are alive, healthy and well. I fed them, cleaned them and played with them."

Katharina: „You know they aren't dogs, right?"

Elly: „I'm not entirely sure about that. One of em caught a frisbee with the mouth earlier."

Katharina: „Fair point. So... where do we start. How about we decorate the garden first."

I sighed. That will be a long day.

In the evening I was so tired of babysitting and helping my sister that I wasn't in the mood to do much anymore.

Luckily Oscar also had a stressful day dealing with some other gang, so we both agreed to bring takeout and chill at home.

Oscar: „You have plans for tomorrow?

Elly: „You mean because of Halloween?"
He nodded.
Elly: „I'm not sure. I was hoping to do something with you."

Oscar: „Mi amor, I'm too old for that. I'll just hang around here with some of the guys."

Cesar, who overheard our conversation, chimed in.
Cesar: „You can join me and my friends, Elly."

Elly: „What are your plans?"
Cesar: „We planned to go to Brentwood."
Elly: „Where's that?"

Cesar: „It's not that far away. Like 15 minutes. Ruby's abuelita would drive us there."

Elly: „Why we don't stay here? In Freeridge?"
Oscar: „It's safer there. Just rich motherfuckers, so no shit will go down. But if shit goes down, you'll call me, okay?"

Elly: „Of course."

Cesar: „You already have a costume?"

Elly: „Actually I do. My sister bought it today."

Oscar leaned closer to me and grinned.
Oscar: „Is it something sexy?"