15

It wasn't my plan to meet up with my friends. That was just an excuse so my parents let me go.

But after walking the streets for half an hour I decided it wasn't such a bad idea after all to quickly say hello and catch up. Ruby wrote me yesterday that everybody will be at his place, so that's where I was headed.

I ringed the doorbell and Monse answered it.
Monse: "Elly! Oh my God, you are back. Come inside!"
Everybody greeted me very friendly and we chatted a bit. Still, I had a weird feeling in my stomach. It was the first time I was back here since the shooting. Since Olivia died.

Just when my mind drifted back to this moment, Ms. Martinez interrupted it.
Ms. Martinez: „Elly, you are very welcome to stay for dinner and the count down."

Elly: „I would love to, but I think I should head home soon. My whole family's there, probably waiting for me."

Ms. Martinez: „That's nice. Family's so important." She looked at Mario angrily. „Except if they don't wear a condom and bring back a pregnant white girl. Anyway, it's nice to have you back. Ruby told me he stayed in contact with you since you left. Please tell your parents they are always welcome here and I would love to meet them."

Elly: "Thank you. I'll tell them." I went over to my friends. „Guys, I'll head out. Let's meet up the next days." I said my goodbyes and left.

After I left the house, I didn't know what to do. Again. So I just kept walking.

I passed some people on my walk, but I didn't know any of them and they all left me in peace. Just when I passed a group of young woman a little older than me, someone talked to me.

Keisha: "Hey!"

I turned around because I wasn't sure she was talking to me. When I looked in her direction she smiled. I stopped and smiled back.

Elly: „Hi."

Keisha: „You Spooky's girl?"

I sighed. I came out here to forget him, not to be reminded of him.
Elly: "No."
I turned around to keep walking, but she kept going.

Keisha: "I'm sure you are. I saw y'all together some time before."

Elly: "Exactly, some time before. We are no thing no more."

Another girl chimed in.
Tanja: "Riiight, he's back with his old bitch. But don't worry girl, you better off without him. A man who changes a queen like you for such a damn hoe needs to be an asshole."

I chuckled.
Elly: "Amen to that."

Keisha: „Hey, if you are sick of these men, you came to the right place."

Tanja: "You have plans tonight? Are you headed somewhere?"

Elly: "Nah, just walking around, trying to get out of my head."

Tanja: „Why don't you stay with us for a bit?"

Elly: „Would that be really okay? I don't wanna intrude or something."

Tanja: „Girl, you're not intruding. Sit your ass down."

So I sat down next to them and we talked. They offered me something to drink. I took it. They offered me a joint. I took it. When they offered me to go to a party with them. I agreed.

Keisha: „I'm all down for 'Your body, your choice', but this outfit... you can't go to the party like that. You need to show Spooky what he's missing."

I looked down my body. I was wearing loose sweatpants, a tanktop and a sportive jacket over it. For the flight it was the right choice of clothes, for a party, Keisha was right about that, not so much.