9

I locked the doors just like Oscar said, but it still felt weird to be alone here.

Oscar explained that there was a problem between the Santos and another gang. A Santo even got shot.

He explained that he and the Santos couldn't let the other gang get away with that, so they needed to take action. What exactly they were planning to do, he didn't want to tell me.

But he mentioned there might be the possibility some guys from the other gang try to come by his house, to make more problems. That's why he wanted me to lock the doors and don't let anybody in.

Oscar: „Don't worry, mi amor. It isn't as bad as it sounds. We won't be far away. Believe me, I wouldn't let you here alone if it wasn't safe."

Elly: „How can you be so sure?"

Oscar: „My guys are posted all around the block. If a Prophet wants to pass by, I'll know it immediately."

So now I was sitting alone on the couch in the living room.

I was thinking about Oscar. If he was alright.

Then I thought about Amelie. She acted weird today. Usually she would have never left me stay here all by myself. She would have at least tried to persuade me to stay with Olivia.

Already since some days I had the feeling she was mad at me. I texted her. Maybe I could get to the bottom of this.

Elly: „Hey Am. What's up?"
She didn't answer for a while. So long that I already forgot about the text. I was watching Desperate Housewives for the probably 5th time, when my phone lit up.

Amelie: „Hey. Nothing much. We are watching TV."

Elly: „Me too. Is everything calm there?"

Amelie: „Yes."

She was so cold. It felt weird.
Elly: „If you have time for a second, I would like to talk to you about something."

Amelie: „Okay."

Elly: „I have the feeling you are mad at me for something. But I'm not sure for what. I would be really happy if you tell me what's going on because I hate when you are so distant from me."

Amelie: „Me distant from you?! That's not at all what's going on. You iced me out the last couple of days. All you have in mind is being with your oh so great boyfriend. You know, before him, I was the person closest to you. But now it's him. I finally have to accept that. Have to accept that you always fall for the wrong guys. Guys who don't deserve you. But the people who really love you, you shut them out. I am sick of that. I am sick of always being the second choice."

I didn't know what to say, honestly. It was much at once. I felt guilty. Guilty for making her feel that way.

I called her. It felt horrible to do this over the phone, but better calling than texting.

She didn't pick up.

Amelie: „Please don't call. I can't talk right now. If I hear your voice, I will cry my eyes out and I don't want you to hear me like that."

Elly: „Come on, Am. Pick up. I don't care if you are crying. I want to talk to you. I am so sorry that I made you feel that way."

She didn't answer so I just kept going.

Elly: „I love Oscar. But the fact that I am with him will never change our friendship. You are and you'll always be my best friend. I promise you that."

Amelie: „Don't you get it? I don't want to be just friends. I want to be with you. Like Oscar is with you."

We had this topic before and she knew my answer to that.