23

The next days I didn't hear anything from Cesar. Also nobody else knew if he's still alive or not. Oscar wouldn't admit it because he's not supposed to do it, but he searched every day for his hermanito. Sadly without luck.

Some days after all that happened I hung out with Oscar in the evening. We ate something and after that we enjoyed the nice cold night air outside. We talked and I watched Oscar who fixed something at his car.

Suddenly we heard footsteps. Oscar pulled out his gun to protect us if it's a Prophet.

But it was not. It was Cesar.

I was shocked to see him, but very relieved. I ran to him and hugged him. Very tight.

Elly: „Oh my God Cesar, you are alive. We thought you couldn't make it because nobody could find you. We were worried like hell. What happened?"

I saw that Oscar was relieved to see his brother was alive. But he still had clear orders from his boss cuchillos. So he couldn't just welcome him home.
Oscar: „Get outta here."
Cesar: „I need protection."

I stepped back from the conversation a little. I wanted to give these two time to talk. Maybe they would fix their problem.

Oscar: „You came to the wrong place."
Cesar: „I found Lattrell. I went to go finish the job."
Oscar: „And?"
Cesar: „The gun jammed."
Oscar: „You're oh-for-two. Ain't gonna be number three. Go."
Cesar: „Where? I have nowhere to go!"
Oscar: „Not my problem."
Cesar: „Not your problem?"

Oscar: „There's nothing I can do for you."
I heard the pain in his voice. The moments when Spooky and Oscar were not the same person hurt him the most.
Oscar: „It's not just about you anymore. Everyone you care about is in jeopardy if you stay, so leave. And don't come back."

Cesar turned around to go, but after a few steps he came back.
Cesar: „You know what Oscar. You should've handled that for me. You're not just my big brother, you are my big homie."
Oscar: „Shut the hell up."
Cesar: „You could've taken out Lattrell. But instead you sent me! You sent me to do it!"
Oscar: „Hey! Do you know what the hell you did? How badly you messed up? Hey. You put me in an impossible situation with Cuchillos."

Cesar sobbed and fall in Oscar's arms. I feel you homie. These arms make you feel like nothing can hurt you.
Cesar: „Oscar please! I don't know what to do."

Oscar patted Cesar's back, but gently pushed him away again after some seconds.
Oscar: „Hey. Hey. I love you, mano. But you're done. Happy birthday."

Cesar turned his back on Oscar and started to walk away slowly.
I couldn't believe it. These two loved each other so much and they wanted everything to be fine again. They just need to figure out a way to calm down Cuchillos.

Oscar turned in my direction and I went to him quickly. I saw tears in his eyes.

Elly: „Oscar."
Oscar: „Elly, don't."
Elly: „I know you don't want to do this. Listen to your heart one time. Do what Oscar wants to do, not what others expect Spooky to do. Please, be the man I fall in love with every day again."

He thought about what I said for a second. I saw how he was fighting with himself. Then his face said screw it.

Oscar: „You need to do something bigger than the mess you made."
Cesar turned back and walked towards Oscar.
Cesar: „What?"
Oscar: „To undo this, you got to do something bigger to prove yourself."
Cesar: „What if I got you 50 grand?"
Oscar: „Where are you gonna get cash like that?"
Cesar: „What if I already had it?"
Oscar: „I'm listening."
Cesar: „My friends found the Rollerworld money. They washed it. It's clean."