35

- - - beginning of season 4 - - -

Elly's view

I noticed how my hands were sweating more and more. I quickly took my hand from Oscar's and rubbed it dry at my pants.

Elly: „They'll kill us."
I looked at the house of my parents.
Elly: „They'll scream at us. And then they'll kill us."

Oscar chuckled.

Elly: „It's not funny!"
I hit his chest with my fist softly.
Elly: „It's some serious shit to tell your parents that you are pregnant. With 17. Without money. Or a Highschool degree."

Oscar slowly put his hands on my shoulders and turned me away from the house. Facing him made me already more calm.

Oscar: „Relax, mi amor."
He gave me a quick kiss on the forehead.
Oscar: „They won't be thrilled to hear the news at first. We need to give them time to be shocked. But later, they will be as happy as we are. Believe me."

I smiled at him softly.
Elly: „You are right."
I sighed loudly before turning back to the house, walking in it's direction with confident steps and ringing the bell.

Oscar, who positioned himself right next to me, leaned over to me and whispered in my ear.
Oscar: „And if it doesn't go well, I will use you as a shield. Your parents are more likely to murder me than you."

I gave him an annoyed look which was just answered by a beautiful smirk on his face.

Suddenly the door opened and pulled us out of our conversation.

Mother: „Why you rang the door bell? Don't you have a key? Don't tell me you lost it again."
She raised her eyebrows and looked at me with a look that just mothers can do and that is meant to signal the child that they are a never-ending failure.

Oscar and I entered the house and took our jackets and shoes off.

Elly: „Well hi mom, good too see you too. Yes, we've been great. Thank you for asking. We are looking forward to eat whatever tasty food you made for dinner."
She smiled at me ironically.

At the table, after we made some small talk and finished half our plate, we thought it's time to talk about the topic we came here for today.

Elly: „Mom, dad. There's a reason I asked you both for dinner today. I- I mean... we have something important to tell you and to discuss with you."

I cleared my throat since the words didn't want to leave my mouth. Then they left like a waterfall.
Elly: „I know it's maybe not the perfect time. I agree with that. But seriously, when's the right time? It never fits, but as long as you have a loving partner and a supporting family at your side, nothing can go wrong. And don't worry, I'll get my Degree early enough. And of course we don't ask you that we move in with you. We'll have our own place, we'll make our own money. We'll need your help of course, but I'm sure after the first shock, you both will be thrilled. And-„

Father: „Honey!"
My father interrupted me softly but firm.
Father: „Go slow. We have no idea what you are talking about."

The words still didn't want to leave my mouth.

Oscar: „What Elly was about to say is that we'll have a baby."

My parent's eyes widened and their mouths were wide open. They looked from Oscar, to me, back to Oscar, back to me.

Mother: Is that- Is that true, Elly?"

I smiled at them softly. I was relieved.
Elly: „Yes. Yes it is true. We'll have a baby. We only found out some days before. And we wanted you to be the first to know."

My father looked overwhelmed and stuttered.
Father: W- Wow. Honey, that's great. That's amazing. I'm a little surprised and I feel like a truck just ran me over, but I am very happy for you two. Very happy."

My father stood up from his chair and went to our side of the table. He hugged me strongly and kissed me on my head like he used to do it when I was a child.

Now he faced Oscar and patted his shoulder. He smiled at him.
Father: „Congratulations!"

My mother stayed quiet till now. I was about to panic, but then I remembered Oscar's words that we need to give them time to be shocked.

I looked in her face and we locked eyes.
Elly: „Mom?"
The other watched us tense.

Mother: „What can I say? The timing is not optimal, that's true. But when is it ever optimal? A child, a new member of this family is always a blessing and should be greeted with nothing less than love and happy feelings."

A tear rolled down my face. In this moment I didn't feel relieved, I felt guilty. I regretted every argument I ever had with my parents, every bad word I said in their face or behind their backs, every sleepless night they had because of me and every line that covers their faces because of me.

They truly loved me and were always on my side. I was never this grateful in my entire life. I had the man, the baby, soon the home and a supporting and loving family.

What could go wrong?

Please don't forget to upvote and/or comment if you like the story. I would appreciate it ☺️