21

After our kiss, I didn't feel like going home. I wanted to spend more time with Oscar to make up for the time we lost.

I told him to drive to his place. The joy in his eyes when he heard that was worth everything.

On the way I gave my parents a call.
Elly: "Hey, I just wanted to ask if it's okay with you if I spend the night somewhere else."

Mother: "What does 'somewhere else' mean?"

Elly: "I told you about this guy I dated when I was here last time? He visited me today at Dwayne's and I would like to catch up with him more."

Mother: "I understand. And who is this mystery guy?"

Elly: "I promise I'll introduce him soon enough. Just let me test the water a bit now that I'm back. See if nothing changed."

She was thinking.
Mother: "Yeah, okay. But be careful, responsible and don't do anything you don't want."

I chuckled.
Elly: "Okay mom, I know."

My father chimed in from the background.
Father: "Tell her that she can call me any time and I'll pick her up."

Mother: " You father says-"

Elly: "I heard him. Thanks, dad."

Mother: "Something else, you have condoms?"

I heard Oscar letting out a small gasp next to me. Simultaneously, I heard my father making a disgusted voice in the background.

I laughed at both their reactions.
Father: "I don't even want to hear such a thing."

Mother: "What? You think your daughter will play with dolls when she's there? She's 17. When we were this age we were also doing it like the rabbits. You would prefer she comes home with a baby or a STD?"

Oscar's eyes widened with every word that came out of my mother's mouth.
Elly: "Mom, too much information."

Mother: "Okay, okay. Anyway, we had the birds and the bees talk, so you know how to protect yourself. Have fun my love. See you tomorrow."

Elly: "See you tomorrow. Love you."
I hung up.

Oscar: "Okay, I'm officially traumatized."

I chuckled.
Elly: "Why?"

Oscar: "How your parents can be so chill about you having sex and staying the night with me?"

Elly: "They are probably horny too and are happy to have the house to themselves."
I laughed. His face was so amusing.

Oscar: "Yeah, you are definitely 1000% white."

Elly: "My parents are chill about it because they are cool." I grinned. " And because we've always been honest with each other. If I would've lied to them and said I'll stay with a friend and they find out. They would never let me sleep somewhere again. Now they know I'm not hiding something. And I know I can trust them enough to talk about private stuff."

Oscar: "Talk about a healthy parent-child relationship."

Elly: "It is, I guess."