34

My breath got faster. I ran to Oscar and hugged him. I took care to don't touch his wounds, but he still grunted.

I let go off him. Tears run down my face.
Elly: „I am sorry. I didn't want to hurt you. It's just... it's just that I thought you are dead."

He took my face in his hand. I closed my eyes when I felt his warm touch which I thought I would never feel again. He looked at me softly.

Oscar: „It was close, but I made it out alive. I am so sorry that I made you worried like that. So sorry. It'll never happen again."

Elly: „What even happened? Sad Eyes explained to me what you was planning to do, but what happened after no one knew where you are?"

Oscar: „Cuchillos found out that I turned on her. 19th Street snitched because she promised them a seat at the table. So 19th Street was supposed to kill me, but I was able to convince them that she doesn't mean what she says. Just empty promises. So 19th Street set a meeting with her and at that meeting I killed her instead. 19th Street got rid of her. I sent them to Cesar with an address where the body is buried and my phone so he knows it comes from me."

I couldn't believe it. I was relieved Oscar was alive, but it shocked me how close he was to death.

Abuelita: „Mi pequeña, this man has been through a lot. I think he's more than ready for some good news."
She winked at me and patted her stomach three times.

It was inconspicuous. Oscar hadn't paid any attention to it, but I knew what she meant. I didn't know how she knew though.

Abuelita laughed about my surprised face.
Elly: „How...?"
Abuelita: „I raised 4 children and 10 grandchildren. I know."

Oscar: „Maybe it's the alcohol, but you both talk very confusing. What's going on?"

Elly: „Well... I have something important to tell you. I wanted to do it already the day you disappeared, but it was no time and then you were away."
My words jumped.

I took a deep breath and continued in a calmer voice. I didn't want to sound like a maniac saying this.
Elly: „Oscar, I am pregnant."

He looked at me without any reaction.
Elly: „Did- Did you hear me?"

He nodded.
Oscar: „Are you serious?"
I couldn't figure out his emotions.

Now I nodded. From one moment to another he started to smile like he never did before. He stood up, came very close to me and looked me deeply in my eyes.
Oscar: „I'll be a dad?"

Now I smiled also.
Elly: „Yes, Oscar. You'll be a dad. And I'll be a mum."

He took my face in his hands and gave me a big kiss. Then he leaned down to my stomach and kissed it.

After abuelita finished sewing Oscar together, we thanked her and went outside.

Sad Eyes couldn't believe his eyes when he saw Oscar. He hugged him and was out of words. After the first shock was overcome, he drove us home.

On our drive I dialed Cesar's number. He answered immediately.
Cesar: „Is he with you?"
He almost screamed, but not out of anger. He sounded worried and nervous.

Oscar heard him speaking over the phone, so he took it out of my hand.
Oscar: „Don't forget to bring my phone back with you. I don't want to buy a new one."
He grinned.

Cesar: „You-„ There was a small silent break. „You son of a bitch, you made it out alive. Where are you? I've been worrying incredibly much!"

Oscar: „I'm sorry hermanito. I was with abuelita. She fixed me. Now Sad Eyes drives me and Elly home. Meet at home and we talk, okay little brother?"

Cesar: „Okay. I can't believe I'm talking to you. I thought I lost you."

Oscar: „I'm happy you didn't."
They said their good byes and Oscar handed me my phone again.

At Oscar's place, him and I sat on the couch to wait for Cesar. I lay in his arms cuddling.
Oscar: „Something else... because of the baby."
I looked up to him.

Oscar: „You know how far you are?"

Elly: „I don't know for sure. I wasn't with the doctor till now. But it can't be that much. Maybe one month."

Oscar: „One from nine away..."
It sounded like he said it more to himself than to me.

I laughed.
Elly: „Yes, that's how pregnancies usually work."

Oscar: „So we have 8 months left to fix all of that."
He made a waving motion with his hand.

Elly: „What do you mean?"

Oscar: „I mean getting our life's together. Especially mine."
I smiled. That's exactly the reaction I was hoping to see and Oscar didn't disappoint.

Oscar: „We need to move from here. Not too far away because your family lives here and Cesar too, but out of Freeridge. We'll find a small house that fits to us. I need a job. But I will manage to get one. It's perfect that you finish school already in summer, so it'll be finished when the baby comes. Then you can take a year off to take care of the baby and after that you can go to College. Learn a job you always dreamed of. How does that sound?"

I looked him deeply in the eyes. He got all planned. I smiled.
Elly: „Perfect."

———— end of season 3 ————

Please don't forget to upvote and/or comment if you like the story. I would appreciate it ☺️