31

Oscar walked inside the house slowly and quietly looking at the floor.

He sat on the couch in the living room. The room looked very different now. The last weeks we got so used to Ray's stuff laying around that it seemed like something's missing.

I sat next to Oscar on the couch. We stayed there for some minutes in silent till Oscar leaned to me and lay his head on my shoulder. He closed his eyes.
Elly: „Do you want to talk about it?"

Oscar: „No."

I put my arm around him and scratched his head softly. He liked that to calm down.

We sat there talking, cuddling and watching TV till the evening when Cesar opened the door and entered the house.

Cesar noticed something was off. Oscar stood up and motioned him to sit on the couch.
Oscar: „Sit."

Oscar: „Ray... he- he left. Again."
Cesar: „He wouldn't leave without saying goodbye."
Oscar: „He did."

Cesar sighed, stood up and walked towards Oscar so he stood exactly in front of him.

Cesar: „What did you do?"
Oscar: „I didn't do shit."
Cesar: „Exactly, you didn't do shit. You could have helped him to find a new job or something. But you chose not to."
Oscar: „I don't have that kind of power."
Cesar: „Oh, bullshit! I bet this makes you so happy."
Oscar: „Happy? I'm your brother. For most of your life I've been your dad. If you're going to be mad at someone, be mad at him. He's the one that up and left. Again."

I could see the anger in Cesar's face. He pushed Oscar away.

Oscar tried to stay calm and be understanding.
Oscar: „Okay."
Cesar pushed him away again and again.

Cesar: „Monse was right. You are cursed. Everything bad that has happened to me is because of you."

After that Cesar left the room. Oscar stood there hurt. Without saying another word he left the house. I guess he wanted to figure out his feelings alone.

I was angry at Cesar. He put his father on a high pedestal which he doesn't deserve. Oscar let his father stay here, even though he hates him. He did that for Cesar. And now Cesar wants to blame Oscar because his father left. I needed to put a little sense in that.

I let Cesar some time to calm down. After that I went into his room.
Elly: „Cesar, I need to talk to you for a minute."
Cesar just motioned for me to come in and sit on the bed.

Elly: „I heard your conversation with Oscar before. And I was also there today when Ray left. That's why I feel the need to get some facts straight."

Cesar: „Elly, no need for that. I know you want to protect Oscar, but..."

I interrupted him.
Elly: „I don't want to protect Oscar. I just want to tell you the truth."

Cesar: „Okay, go on."

Elly: „Oscar is right, your father left without saying goodbye. Oscar even told him to stay and say goodbye to you himself, but he didn't want. And Oscar didn't throw him out of the house. When he came back from doing business today, he found your father packing his stuff. And you can't blame Oscar for not helping your father. He let him stay here because you wanted it. But finding your father a job to make him stay is not Oscar's responsibility. Your father is not Oscar's responsibility. Oscar should be his, but your father never cared about him. And telling Oscar that he is the cause for everything bad in your life, is more than unfair. He sacrificed his life and his dreams for you. To raise you, so you have a future. He did that. Not your father or anyone else. Think about that before you judge him or blame him again. Oscar loves you incredibly much and your words hurt him very much."

I left the room without waiting for an answer.

I waited one more hour for Oscar to come back, but since he didn't come, I went home and left him a message.
Elly: „Hey, papi. I went home, but I can come back any time if you need me."
Elly: „I hope you are fine."
Elly: „I love you very much."

I finished some homework at home and cooked something for me and my family. My sister and her family came over too to eat dinner.

Later that day I finally got a message from Oscar.
Oscar: „Hola, mi amor. I'm sorry that I didn't answer. I wanted to be alone a little and then I had some business to do."
Oscar: „I talked to Cesar before. He apologized and we talked about everything."
Oscar: „Thank you for that. I know you talked to him. I love you very much."

The next days, the crew was busy with some Lil' Ricky stuff. They were too scared of Oscar's reaction so they didn't tell me anything about it.

Oscar was busy also with gang stuff. He had some problems with his crazy boss Cuchillos and the 19th Street.

I was bored, so I asked Keisha and Tanja to hang out. I didn't see them for a while. We decided to go to a restaurant. It was near the beach.

After we ate, we sat at the beach and enjoyed the sunset. We exchanged the latest news and laughed about random things.

Suddenly it started to get windier. The clouds moved together and the sky was dark. A few rain drops fell on us.

That was weird. I never thought to see any rain in Los Angeles.

Tanja and Keisha didn't take it serious, but I warned them that this could turn into a very bad storm very fast. So we headed home.

I arrived at home just minutes before it started to rain heavily. I saw a lightening strike. Only seconds later it thundered loudly and I winced.

The power the nature holds is unimaginable. Every time I saw a thunderstorm I was fascinated. The power and roughness.

I needed to chuckle. I like my men like I like the weather. Rough.

Speaking of men. Where is mine?

I called Oscar.
Oscar: „Mi amor, what's up?"

Elly: „Just wanted to check in on you. Take care because of the storm."

Oscar: „I was just about to call you anyway. Can I sleep with you today?"

Elly: "You with me? At my place?"

Oscar: "Why do you sound so surprised?"

Elly: "Because we never slept here before. 'Cause of my parents."

Oscar: "Yeah, but I think we can handle one night without sex."

Elly: "Can we?" I grinned. „By the way, of course, you can come to me."

Oscar: "There is no electricity at my home because of the storm, that's why I need shelter."
He laughed.

Elly: „Are you scared in the dark?"
I grinned.

Oscar: „Yes, mi amor. That's why I snuggle up to you so closely every night."

Elly: „Ohh, I thought it's because you love me."

Oscar: „Everyone's wrong sometimes."
I could basically hear his stupid grin through the phone.

We said goodbye. Oscar would be here in around 10 minutes, so I guessed it's about time to inform my parents.

They knew Oscar quite well meanwhile and were fine with our relation, so I knew it won't be a problem.

Later that day, Oscar cooked for all of us dinner. Mexican chili, but the not so spicy kind since our mouths are weak.

My mother enjoyed it very much to finally have a man in the house who can cook. All my father can do are eggs. And even that ended in a disaster already.

Please don't forget to upvote and/or comment if you like the story. I would appreciate it ☺️