Chapter 27 - Thank Fuck.

I'm writing this in class cause I'm extremely pissed off and about to choke a bitch out. I gotta distract myself somehow.

Anyway.

~~~~~~~~~

Tommy never removed his hand from on top of Techno's. He gently held it as broken sobs from Wilbur and Phil escaped into the air. Tommy was crying silently, as he had trained himself to do so. If he was hiding from people and they couldn't hear you, they couldn't find you.

All that moved was Techno's chest as it rose and fell, the heart monitor beeping loudly. The heart rate was slightly slowed, causing the strawberry blonde to snap his head up. Philza looked at the heart monitor as well, and looked at his kid. Wilbur had a sharp inhale, and gripped onto Techno's arm.

But there was a shift coming from Techno.

He opened his eyes.

"Tech-!"

Philza gently hugged his eldest son and had a smile plastered on his face. Wilbur let out a breath he didn't know he was holding, and rested his head in his hands. Tommy smiled to himself, leaning his head down on the edge of the bed. Techno gave a small squeeze to Tommy's hand and hugged his dad back with his free arm.

A doctor knocked, and opened the door.

"Technoblade! Glad to see you awake!"

"Yeah, me too."

"Typically this is when we allow one-on-one time between the patient and a family member. This is so we don't overwhelm the patient, and we can fill out paperwork."

Phil nodded, and looked at Techno.

"Hey Tech, who do you wanna talk to first? I'll be last so I can do paper work while you're talking. Then, we can leave after its just me and you."

"I uhm...... dont make me choose-"

"Wilbur can go first." Tommy spoke, his hand still intertwined with Techno's. Wilbur, Techno, and Phil all looked at the strawberry blonde.

"Are you sure? Tommy, you can go fir-"

"It's fine, Wilbur. Please, go first."

After a breif discussion, the doctor left with Phil, and tommy waited outside the door. His thought process was that since he just showed up, he didn't have the right to go first. And plus, it's selfish, right?

That's his thoughts, anyway.

He sat on the ground, his back against the wall. He let his mind distract him as bordem over took his body. He was glad Techno's safe. He dont think it could've hand the alternative.

Because no matter how much he tried to deny it, he saw this place like home. He saw these people like family.

'Thank fuck.'

Tommy ran a hand through his hair. He looked at the ground remembering every time he had been in the hospital. 87 times. 87 times in his 13 years of living. It started when he was 6, so, only 7 years. 87 times in 7 years. He just sighed to himself and looked at the cold tiles of the hospital floor.

10 minutes went by.

Wilbur left the room, and told Tommy he could head in. Tommy said thank you, entering the room and closed it behind him.

"Hey kid.."

"Hey.."

Tommy walked over, sitting on a chair next to the bed. Techno sat up, and gave a pitiful smile to the strawberry blonde. Tommy returned the same smile, and took a deep breath. Techno ran a hand through his bangs and bit the inside of his cheek.

"I'm sorry."

"Why.. why did you even..?"

Techno moved over, patting next to him. Tommy crawled up next to Techno leaning his head on the taller one's shoulder.

"I got schizophrenia. Y'know what that is?"

"Kinda..? You see stuff or hear stuff right?" Tommy knew it wasn't the best time to mention the reason he knew Techno had schizophrenia was because HE went into TECHNO'S room and saw the pill bottle.

"Yeah, that's the gist of it. Well when I was left alone, it got real bad. I took some meds, and they normally take about 15 minutes to kick in..."

"..but..?"

"But it was so bad I couldn't handle it. I downed like, half the bottle, just to get everything to stop. After about 5 minutes, I started coughing. I realized what I did, and coughed it all up."

"Yeah... I didn't like finding you like that.."

"Wait, you found me??"

"Mhm.. I didn't like it." Tommy buried his face into Techno's arm forcing stray tears to leave. Technoblade hugged Tommy tightly from the side, taking a breath.

"I'm sorry.. you shouldn't have ever seen that."

"I know.. d-.. Phil um, thought you were downstairs so he had me go upstairs.."

"And that's when you found me."

"Thank fuck you're smart.."

Tommy hugged back, letting hot tears fall down his face. Tommy made a promise to himself, never leave Techno alone. Now, Tommy was scared shitless of the older one, but it was now able to be reasoned. Techno looked intimidating, and was strong as hell, but on the inside he was just some kid. Some kid who makes mistakes and just wants to be a good person.

Tommy could read Techno. This wasn't his first rodeo.

The kids stayed in a comfortable silence, Techno lightly combing Tommy's hair with his fingers.

"Technoblade never dies."

Techno snorting, holding in a laugh, but failing.

"What was that?"

"That should be a catchphrase. Technoblade never dies." Tommy laughed at the end of the sentance, and they both had a fit of giggles. Tommy felt safe. And Techno knew.

"Let's make it happen then, hm?"

"Yeah-!"

~~~~~

After 6 more minutes, Tommy left the room for Philza to talk to his son. After 15 minutes of that, they both left the room after a doctor unhooked Techno from the IV's. Philza had everything taken care of, so they could just leave. They all go into the car, Wilbur in passenger, with Techno and Tommy in the back.

Tommy was laying on Techno, and Techno had his hand reached up so Wilbur and Phil could hold it. They all had closure, and could think rationally again. Obviously, everything wasn't peach perfect, but things were okay. One thing though, Techno wasn't going to be alone for a HOT minute from now on.

It's okay though.

~~~~~~~~~

1040 words.

*cough* thank you for 67.5k reads-

5k reads-