Chapter 40 - Death of Dads.

2 more.

~~~~~~~~

Philza had picked up his kid, and drove him home. He had asked what was wrong, but Techno dismissed it saying he didn't want to talk about it at the time.

Phil understood, and let Techno leave for his room as soon as they walked in the door. The beach blonde was wracking his brain over if his son was alright or not.

Although, that would show to him in time.

The adult went into the kitchen, and started brewing coffee. Even though it was mid day, he seemed drained. He didn't do much today, besides leaving the house to hunt down the 11 women. But his battery was just low today.

He needed to be up, later tonight there was going to be a work call between him and Kristin. They both got asigned to work with a kid named Alex, so they wanted to discuss office hours, if who would bring what, etc.

Wilbur had distracted Phil from his thoughts, however, when he walked into the kitchen with 3 or 4 records.

"Hey dad, could I head to Niki's?"

"Sure, but uh, why the records?"

"Oh! We dance! It's pretty fun!"

(It's platonic you fools. I have a headcannon and Ill put it at the end. But like I said, PLATONIC.)

"Okay then. Be home by dark."

"Thank youuu!" Wilbur said with a smile and left the house. Phil chuckled and rolled his eyes and made his coffee. Techno and Tommy were both in their rooms, so at least Phil knew where all his kids were.

Then his phone rang.

He took out his phone and looked at the number, but he didn't reconize it. A work call, maybe?

Phil hit answer.

"Hello?"

"Hi, I'm looking for Philza, the son of Achilles Minecraft?"

(Fun fact, I know a man named Achilles)

"Yes, thats me, what's going on?"

"My name is Kris, I'm a receptionist at the Lordes hospital. I'm calling to inform you about your father."

"What... what do you mean..? What about my father?" Phil asked the woman, with a bit if fear lacing his voice.

"I'm sorry to inform you but your father had passed away. He had been emitted a few hours prior after suffering from blunt force trauma, but his heart had shut down and the doctors were unable to save him. I'm so sorry for your loss."

Philza's vision got clouded. His hands got shakey, and his heart rate sped up. What the hell.

"The town law enforcement and insurance is covering any charges, as we do understand that Achilles was a highly respected governmet official, so no charges on your end what so ever."

(Idk man-)

"O... okay. Uh, wow.." Phil tried to keep his voice steady. They ended the call as soon as they could and Phil put his phone in his pocket. Then he accidentally dropped his mug.

Coffee spilt all over the floor, but he really couldn't pick it up, he could barely move.

His dad was dead.

Why was he acting like this..? That should be a good thing, he hurt him, he should be happy he's dead! Hell, we wished he would die since he left the god foresaken house!

So why is he crying..?

Maybe cause he never got closer?

Yeah that sounds right.

Tears flowed down before he knew it. He was like a zombie, completely and utterly brain dead. He walked to his room, closed and locked the door behind him, and fell to his knees.

His dad was dead.

He was dead with no consequences.

He never even said sorry.

His dad died, with no one to know the truth about what kind of monster he really was.

All those nights he had spent crying- no, sobbing- his lungs out after being touched by him.

Were they all for nothing?

The beach blonde felt his throat close up. He scratched at his skin on his arms. He couldn't even speak to his father for years. And now?

He just wanted closure all this time.

Now he cant even have that.

Every single time his father came into his room at night, woke him up by taking off his clothes. Every time he had the chance to tell someone what he had done. Every time his father told him to suck it up.

It's killing him.

It's killing him with the fact he can't get closure. That he wont be able to sleep at night peacefully.

Phil forced himself up and off his knees, to his bedside table. He opened up the drawer and looked at 2 of the things in there.

A knife, and a lighter.

The knife was for mostly protection, and the lighter was for candles. He didn't want to relapse, he couldn't.

So the knife was out of the question.

But the lighter....

It wouldn't count as relapsing.. right?

He grabbed the lighter, flicked it on, and moved the flame against the inside of his arm. It burned, but it was distracting him.

So it worked.

~~

Tommy left his room for a glass of water. He had been in a group call with Ranboo and Tubbo, and he had worn out his voice.

Her turned the corner to get into the kitchen, and got... confused to say the least.

A broken mug, and coffee spilled all over the floor. There was no sign of anyone anywhere.

He carefully walked forward, and picked up the glass. He grabbed a few paper towels and cleaned up the coffee. It took him a minute, because it was still a bit hot, but he got there.

He stood back, thinking for a minute. Who the hell did this.

And what the hell was wrong?

~~~~~~~

952 words.

Edit : I FORGOT TO PUT MY HEADCANNON LOL : Before Wilbur went insane and got kicked out and all of that jazz when everything was okay, he and Niki would dance to old records in Niki's living room at night. Then, once Wilbur died, Niki had a massive depressive arc and in order to "cope" she would hug herself and slightly sway in the living room while playing the same records that Wilbur would play for them. She would break down but try to imagine Wilbur was still there and having a dance with her

"You don't have to speak, don't need to talk to me. Baby, I already know. The shadows in your head, they've got you down again. Got you feelin' low"