Chapter 39 - Keeping Secrets.

We're nearing the end.

Also, can you guys comment more- my recent chapters have significantly less comments than my others, are you getting bored of my book-?

~~~~~~

3 1/2 into this house.

'That's fucking insane.'

Tommy lay on his bed in thought, keeping his eyes trained on the ceiling. He saw these people as family. He couldn't deny it with words, nor his actions.

He knew he was staying here. In this house. In this family. He was mostly glad. Of course, there was still that sense of fear of 'what if I fuck up?' But that was understandable.

If you've gone through what Tommy had his whole life, that thought would never leave your mind. Ask Tommy, the kid knows better than anyone.

Tommy sat up, running a hand through his hair. The strawberry blonde got up and stretched. He heard his back and elbow joints crack, then he cracked his neck. He looked at the mirror that hung on the back of his door.

He made eye contact with himself. The ocean blue eyes that seemed so dull a few months before now brightly lit with hope and enthusiasm for the next day. So much can change so quickly, and it's honestly bizzare.

There was just something about the new shines in his eyes that made him feel some sense of pride.

He heard Wilbur's door open and close, and Roman shout that he was leaving to whoever cared in the house. Then the front door opened and closed. Well, he could see what Wilbur was up to.

Tommy left his room, and knocked on Wilbur's door.

"H-Hold on!! Please, hold on-!"

"Alright-"

A few minutes passed. Then the door finally opened, and Wilbur showed face. He looked slightly panicked, like he had to make sure something was hidden.

Strange...

"Hey.."

"Hey, sorry, is now a bad time..?"

"No, no no, it's fine Tommy, come in," Wilbur said quickly, then stepped aside. Tommy walked in, and Wilbur closed the door.

"Need anything?"

"Hm? Oh, no, I just wanted to hang out for a bit, see what you were up to." Tommy said to the brunette. That was partly a lie. The truth is, he wanted to know what they were doing, cause he heard a thud from the room.

"Ah."

"Yeah. So uh, what were you guys doing?"

Wilbur paused, and looked a bit more panicked. He turned his head to the side, as his eyes darted around the room for something to pin it on.

However, he accidently applied the foundation a bit too lightly on his jawline. And you can see it was covering a bruise.

"Wil.."

"Yeah strawberry-?"

"Did he do that..?"

Wilbur's expression and silence spoke volumes. He immediately covered his jawline with one hand, and with his other, his cheek-bone.

"Sorry- they're old I swear, he didnt do anying tonight, I-"

"Dont apologize- Im sorry for poking a touchy subject. But what do you mean tonight?"

Wilbur's silence, once again, spoke volumes.

"Y'know how when I first came here, you said it's better to talk about it?"

"Yeah..?"

"You comfortable talking?"

Wilbur shrugged.

"I didn't lie. These are old."

"Did he hurt you when you spent the night like, a week and a half ago..?"

Wilbur nodded. He kept his eyes locked on the floor. This is so pathetic, isnt it? Confiding in a child.

"Sorry, you shouldn't.. you really shouldn't be hearing about this.."

"Does d.. Phil know?"

"No,, and I really intend on keeping it like that."

"I understand. I'll keep it a secret, okay?" The strawberry blonde said. Wilbur nodded a thank you and took a breath.

"Anyone else know?"

"Schlatt. But thats it. He said he's not gonna let him do it again but.." Wilbur trailed off some.

"But what's gonna happen when he's not here." Tommy picked up and finished the brunette's sentence. Wilbur nodded.

"I could always stauly in the room.. he wont do it in front of other's, right?"

"That.. that's true but I don't wanna put you in danger-"

"I won't be put in danger."

[:)]

"But how can you be so sure..? I know what he can do, I know what he can do, I-"

"Wilbur. I promise. I'll be okay. We need to make sure you're okay first."

"No- no no no, we need to make sure you're okay first. Im not taking no for an answer, Tommy."

"Neither am I."

Silence rose, and the two locked eyes for a minute. Then, the eye contact broke and their gazes fell to the floor.

"Thank you."

"For what-?" Wilbur said, confused greatly on why Tommy thanked him.

"For trusting me. You didnt have to tell me anything, but you did."

"Oh.. it's- it's nothing, really."

"Maybe not to you."

Silence fell again. But to be fair, Tommy's words were true. If Wilbur didn't see trusting Tommy as a big deal, it sure as hell meant alot to Tommy himself.

He felt like he's doing a good job. Like he hadn't done wrong. If they family can trust him, surely he must be doing something right. It was just a sense of... pride? Liberation? Something like that.

"Code word is L'manburg."

"What-?"

"If Roman is gonna come over or something, just say the word 'L'manburg' and I'll know to stick around." Tommy said, facing Wilbur.

Wilbur's eyes were glossed over eith a thin layer of tears, but he wore a smile. He gave a small chuckle, and sniffed.

"Thank you.."

"Of course Wil."

Tommy leaned on Wilbur's shoulder gently, and Wilbur leaned against the other as well.

"That sounds like a place."

"Hm?" This time it was Tommy saying 'hm.'

"L'manburg. It sounds like it could be a country or something."

"True. We could always make a national anthem."

Wilbur laughed.

"Yeah."

~~~~

969 words

Woah, 2 chapters in the same 24 hours? That hasnt happened since the early days.

But the fact this book is almost over is making me severely sad, I-