7: Throwdown

"So, let me get this straight... Mr. Schue's wife isn't actually pregnant and she instead, wants to take you and Puck's baby so now she is giving you vitamins so the baby won't look like a lizard?" I was driving Quinn's car because she was too tired to drive and I spent the night and she was just catching me up on what happened the last week.

Quinn hummed from beside me and nodded. "Mhmm...pretty much yeah."

I chuckled, taking a right then stopping at a stoplight. 

"Damn and all that happened just last week? Sophomore year is more interesting than I thought it would be."

Quinn chuckled from the passenger's seat and nodded. "Tell me about it."

The light finally turned green so I stepped on the gas pedal and we were off to school.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Mr.Schue walked into the choir room and smiled at us. "There is the communal soon, so I'd like you to tell me what registry you feel more comfortable with what you please? Is there any kind of music you would want to be selected?"

I rolled my eyes knowing he won't be taking anything we actually liked into consideration unless Rachel or Finn suggests it. Mercedes, who was in front of me, scoffed and looked at our teacher. "Can we maybe try something a little more ... black?" 

"I agree. We do an awful lot of show tunes." Kurt agreed with Mercedes, and even Tana, Quinn, and I were nodding at the back.

Rachel, being Rachel, decided to once again reject the idea. "This is the "glee club", not "blues club" just for the record."

Mercedes glared down at Rachel and scoffed. "Don't make me take you to the carpet."

Not wanting this to escalate, Mr. Schue decided to intervene. "Fantastic! Thank you, Mercedes, Kurt. Duly noted. Anything else?"

"I can pop and lock." I smiled at Mike and nodded my head. I leaned over Santana so I could reach my fellow dancer and gave him a high-five, which he quickly returned.

"Hell yeah, you can. He really can Mr. Schue."

But the look on Mr. Schue's said it all so we both deflated on our seats. "Not really what we're goin' for, Mike... but... noted, noted, yes."

I gave Santana a pout and she just subtly gave me a comforting smile, not wanting other people to see her soft because of her "reputation" before leaning in. "Don't worry, that's what we're looking for in the cheerios."

I chuckled and shook my head before giving her a look. "Still not joining the Cheerios Tana, sorry."

"But whyyyyyy?"

I pinched her cheeks before looking at Mr. Schue to seem like I was actually listening to whatever the three of them were talking about. "You're turning soft Lopez."

I heard Santana scoff from beside me making me chuckle. "No, I'm not."

"And whinny."

"Shut up."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The squeaking of our rubber shoes was heard as we did a small scrimmage we were doing here in the gym. Lorenzo passed me the ball while I quickly dribbled it and ran up to the 3-point line, a bunch of my teammates that were playing for the other team trying to stop me but I was already jumping up slightly and shooting the ball into the net.

I will never get tired of hearing that swoosh.

I grinned, my teammates coming to pat my shoulders while we went over to the bench to grab out water. "Nice one Cap."