20: Theatricality (1)

We all stared at Tina, feeling uncomfortable cause this look does not fit her. "It's so weird."

"This so isn't you."

I hummed and nodded. "I know I am always in joggers, but that's because it's my style. Seeing you in that just feels... wrong."

"I feel like an Asian Branch Davidian."

We all grimaced, even Mr. Schue, who was looking at Tina the way we were looking at her. "Tina, are there any other looks you can try?" And that is when people started putting out suggestions.

"Biker chick?"Tina puts her thumb down showing she doesn't agree with Santana's suggestion.

"Cowgirl?"

"Hoodrat."

"Computer programmer."

I looked at Quinn confused. "What does a computer programmer look like?" She shrugged making me chuckle.

"Cross-country skier."

"Catholic schoolgirl." Both my eyebrows raised at Puck's suggestion.

Then I heard Brittany mumble beside me. "Happy Meal, no onions. Or a chicken." I looked at her and grinned, promising to buy her Mcdonald's for lunch later.

"Look, I appreciate it, guys, but it just isn't me. I know who I am, and I'm not allowed to show it. It's like communism."

Tina huffed and sat down, and that is when Rachel came into the room looking distressed. "Guys, we have a serious problem. Do you know how I've been doing some deep background on Vocal Adrenaline?"

"Isn't that against the rules?"

"No, not at all. Or probably. Whatever! Anyway, what I figured out; I rooted through the Dumpsters behind the Carmel auditorium and I found 18 empty boxes of Christmas lights." I heard gasped around the room, confusing me.

"Oh, no." 

"Which led me to Joelle Fabrics. I asked them about red Chantilly lace. They were sold out."

Finn and I shared a confused look."Oh, sweet Jesus."

Mr. Schue looked just as confused as we were. "Wait, what?"

"They're doing Gaga."

"We should have guessed it. They're going for full-out theatricality. They know it's the easiest way to beat us. Damn them."

I could feel the confusion radiating from the boys making me roll my eyes. "What's up with this Gaga dude? He just, like, dresses weird, right? Like Bowie ?"

Kurt gasped offendedly. "Lady Gaga is a woman. She's only the biggest pop act to come along in decades. She's boundary-pushing, the most theatrical performer of our generation. And she changes her look faster than Brit changes sexual partners."

I looked at Britt who just nodded her head in agreement. "That's true."

 "It makes sense that Vocal Adrenaline would pay homage. It's a brilliant move. She's a perfect fit for them."

"Hold on a second. We might be able to kill two birds with one stone here. We can help Tina find a new look and find a competitive number for regionals. This week, your assignment: Gaga. The girls and Kurt are gasping and murmuring, the guys don't seem as happy as them of the week challenge"

I awkwardly looked around, thinking of the designers that could help me with this costume since my parents are useless in these things. "Pens, we need pens. My ideas just come to me."

"Uh, my office. Right there."

"I'm brainstorming. It's coming."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -