20: Theatricality (2)

I have not been emotionally and mentally stressed ever since I found out that Shelby is here and has been here ever since we permanently moved here in Ohio after the thing happened in New York. I haven't even listened to that god damn tape. And how do I deal with stress and anxiety? Working. But I decided to try something new this time.

"The costumes came in yesterday so we could definitely have the dress reheals tomorrow or something." Everyone in the room stayed silent as I felt them stare at me.

I looked at them confused as I brought my bag down. "What happened to your hair?"

My hand went up to touch the tips of my hair, which was now dyed hot pink. "I was at the salon all of the afternoon because we still had to bleach it before putting the pink dye but I think it turned out well. Is it okay?"

I looked at them insecurely as I clutched on the pink. They nodded their heads and started gushing at the color making me grin.

"What made you want to dye it?"

I shrugged and started pulling out some music sheets. "I thought it would be great with the costume, plus I was about to trim my hair anyway, why not do this before cutting it?"

Quinn went over and touched my hair making me grin at her. I handed over to them the song that we are rehearsing, giving the band a silent look, asking if they were ready. They nodded their heads and we went into position.

"Remember guys, theatrical." I gave the band a nod, stepping back to observe.

I watched them do some steps, some were sloppy, some were not, so I sighed and asked the band t stop the music. "You guys aren't getting it. Theatricality isn't about crazy outfits, we're not even wearing those outfits now, imagine if we were. It's not enough to douse yourselves with gasoline. You have to light yourselves on fire to make it work. But being theatrical doesn't mean you have to be a nuclear explosion. It can be like, like a quiet storm. You just have to radiate emotion, express what's deep inside you. That's what theatricality is truly about."

"Uhm..." Quinn and Mercedes looked at each other, confusing me. "How did you know all that. That is literally what Shelby said to Vocal Adrenaline. You were not there, right?"

Of course she did, I mean, I did learn it from her.

I scratched the back of my head and was about to answer when Rachel came in looking at us confused. "What is this about? I thought the assignment for glee club was about Lady Gaga?"

We all looked at each other, waiting for someone to speak until Quinn just stepped forward. "It's for history class."

"Can I join?" She asked us.

"We only need six, like hello? Six wives?" It was Santana's turn to step forward. "Besides, you're not even in the same class as us."

"It's okay, I'm sure it's fine. Your teacher would understand. I could talk to them now." Santana sighed and looked at me, mumbling an 'it's like she didn't even hear the first thing I said', before staying in front of me, her way of showing protection.

Rachel was about to go and look for Ms. Holiday when Mercedes stopped her. "Okay listen here, Berry. We feel super empathetic to you and all, finally finding your mom and shit but read the room. We don't want you here. No fucking way."

I watched her nod her head to the band making me grin and get into position with the rest of the girls.