9: Wheels

To say that I was fucking tired was an understatement. After all of my parents' business partners, my teammates, and people from the dance company I dance in left, my family, the new directions, and I were left on the dancefloor just jamming out to reggaeton music. I could never forget how Finn tried to dance the pole. I will forever be scarred for life.

I slowly opened my eyes, only to be met by the mountainous pile of gifts that I haven't opened yet. Making a mental note to do all that later and make thank you cards, I quickly hopped in the shower and dressed into some black joggers, a white top, and my letterman jacket.

I allowed them to see me in a dress yesterday, that is all I'm going to get.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Whispers could be heard in the hallway as I walked towards my locker with my head held high. I tried to fight the urge to roll my eyes when I saw them looking at me in awe, knowing my pictures from the quinceanera already circulated the entire school.

I honestly do not know why people care about this shit. It's honestly not a big deal.

"Whoooo, smoking hot babe." A freshman that was on the hockey team walked over to me and looked at me up and down. I felt myself get self-conscious as I brought my jacket closer to my body, trying to hide it from his prying gaze, trying to hide it from everyone's prying gaze.

Not wanting to seem weak, I raised an eyebrow and just ignored him, walking over to my locker, when he held my wrist making me freeze, flashbacks coming back to me. "Not so fast cutie, where do you think you're going."

I tried grabbing my wrist back from him but his grip was tight. "HEY! LET GO OVER HER ASSHOLE!" I turned around just to see Santana, Brittany, and Quinn marching over, their eyes stern as they shot daggers at the boy. He held his hands up in surrender as Brittany pulled me into her.

"Are you okay honey?" I looked up at the blonde and nodded my head, burying my face into her shoulder.

Santana and Quinn walked over to me and started rubbing my back in comfort. "And people wonder why I don't fucking show off my body."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Horny teenage boys are the worst to handle, especially if they feel like it's their right to walk all over women and objectify them. The catcalls that I have been getting doubled and the snaky comments about how fat I am from some of the girls were doubled up today and I just want this week to be over, knowing that their attention would be elsewhere by then.

Right now, I am sitting behind Quinn and Finn, beside Britt and Tana as we listened to the couple argue about Finn getting a job. "What about Target?"

"Tried. Not hiring."

"Another doctor bill came to my parents' house last night, Finn. We're lucky that I'm clever and intercepted it. But we have to start paying these doctor's bills or they're going to go to a collection agency and then my parents are going to find out that I'm with child. *Your* child." I shuffled uncomfortably behind them as they continued going back and forth before I glanced at Puck on the other side, who was also eavesdropping.

Mr. Schue then walked it and started handing out sheet music. "All right, guys. We're doing a new number for Sectionals. I know those pop songs have sort of been our signature pieces, but I did a little research on past winners, and it turns out that the judges like songs that are more accessible. The stuff they know. Uh, standards, Broadway."

I grinned. Finally, something that I know a lot about. "'Defying Gravity'? I have an iPod shuffle dedicated exclusively to selections from Wicked. This is amazing." I looked back at Kurt and grinned because I know he could definitely hit those notes.