18: Laryngitis

My hands gripped the steering wheel tightly, the cold Ohio breeze hitting my face as I kept my head forward, ignoring all the looks everyone was giving me, the sound of engines relaxing me as I went through the route in my head.

"¿Qué está haciendo esta niña aquí?" The racer behind me asked his passenger. I glanced at them, noticing how they were staring at me. (What is this little girl doing here?)

"No lo sé, pero al menos tenemos una competencia menos." (I don't know, but at least we got one competition down for sure.)

The flag girl walked in front of us, holding her flag. "I hope you boys are not talking about me." I smirked at them. They both glanced at each other then back at me. "Oh, and veremos quién es la niña después de esta carrera." (Veremos quién es la niña después de esta carrera.)

I stepped on my gas pedal, zooming past when as soon as the beautiful woman pulled the flag down. 

Stepping out of my car to collect my first-place money, I glance at the 2 men who were talking about me earlier and gave them a smirk, especially noticing that I was like a foot taller than them. I walked past them, bumping into one of the boy's shoulders. "Looks like I'm not the little girl out of the three of us after all."

"Michelle is that you."

I quickly spun around and saw Puck standing there, but without the mohawk. I grimaced and looked at him up and down. "What the fuck happened to you?"

.

Driving back to the garage, I saw Burt working on something making me chuckle."It's late Burt, I'm sure Kurt is waiting for you at home already."

He looked up at me and smiled. "How was the race?"

"A dumbass pit my car so I have to work on the dent, but I got first place." I showed him the bag of cash in my trunk and he chuckled, nodding his head impressed.

He watched me open the passenger side of my car and push it forward. "Uh, there's a Reds game tomorrow after school and I bought three tickets, I was wondering if you wanted to come since I know you're interested in sports and all."

I glanced at him and smiled, going around my car inspecting for any other things. "Uh okay. You got Kurt to agree to come with you?"

"No, Finn is coming with me, since he had never been to a Major League and all."

My smile dropped but put up a small one when I looked at him just so he sees that nothing is wrong, even though there clearly is. I am not ready to face him. "Uh, I'm not really a fan of baseball so I think I'll have to pass."

"You sure?"

I hummed and nodded my head, giving him a tight smile. "You and Finn have fun though."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Puck shaving his hair became the talk of the town, I watched as everybody stared at him as we walked down that hallway making me chuckle. We made eye contact and leaned on the locker beside me. "So... now that you and Finn aren't together, mind giving me a chance?"

I chuckled and shook my head. "The answer before that was no, and the answer remains the same. What made you think it was going to change and what made you want to ask me out again?"

"I don't know, I just... you were with Finn so..."

I let out a dry laugh and shook my head. "That didn't stop you before." 

"If you don't, I'm gonna tell everyone about your street racing."

"You really think I give a fuck about that? Do you really think you're the first person to know? You're not special Puck, plus you really think people will believe you? As far as everyone knows, I don't even own a car." I turned around and shut my locker, giving him an up and down look. "You're actually a great guy Puck, but you treat women like trash. I am all too familiar with people like you."