14: Hell-O

Entering the Ohio Fire Department, I waved at the dispatcher and went straight to the kitchen where I know Andy would be. I have been volunteering in the fire department for a while now, ever since the whole track thing 2 years ago. After that, I decided to volunteer because, without them, the situation would have been worse. 

"Look, the rat is here." I turned around and gave the middle finger to Jack making him chuckle. "Nice to see you kiddo."

I grinned and hugged him. "Where you off to?"

"I'm off duty, Dean's family is coming to the house and he's forcing me to be there since I called."

I grimaced since I had heard a lot about his parents. "Good luck."

"That bad?" He looked at me curiously, while I nodded. "How bad? Rate it from one to... your parents or something."

"Definitely close to my parents., it's up there." I gave him one last pat before making my way to the kitchen where all of them were eating breakfast. "Guess who has me this whole week?" They stopped eating and cheered.

Andy pulled a chair out for me and I sat in between her and Maya, in front of Vic and Ben. "You have a break, superstar?"

"Yeah, decided to clear my schedule the whole week and just help out a little bit. Kinda missed you guys. And jumping into burning buildings."

"Well, we missed you too but there would be no burning buildings for you, you're gonna be stuck in dispatch." I smiled and looked around me. Family.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I walked into the gym that day to watch the men's basketball game because they claim that they need the support of the women's team, and as the team captain, I am required to be there. 

I sat beside Ashley, one of my teammates, and watched in amusement as Finn once again lost the ball. He looked over at me and I gave him a small smile. "WHOOOOO FINN! THAT'S MY BOYFRIEND!!"

I glanced behind me to see Rachel jumping up and down, while she is wearing a blue "Team Finn" t-shirt making me shake my head and turn my attention back to the game. 

Ashley leaned into me and scoffed. "The men's team sucks... and so is Berry. I am so close to punching her face to shut her up."

"Please, be my guest."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I walked out into the school parking lot with Santana and Quinn, but sirens were heard. I looked up in alarm when I saw a big red fire truck pull in, stop in front of me, and see Andy, Maya, and Vic. "Come in Martins, time for your shift."

Everyone was staring at me while I chuckled. I threw my bag in from the window and just grabbed it on the side ladder of the truck, hitting it to signal that they could go. I looked back at my best friends, who were looking at me in shock, and gave them a wave.

"I need to go girls, I'll see you tomorrow."

They hesitantly waved back at me making me giggle. I looked up at the field to see Finn standing there with Rachel. I gave him a wink before turning my attention to the road, making sure I don't get hit by trees and shit. "I knew you guys were getting me, but I didn't know you guys were using the truck."

"We just came from a call, we couldn't come back to pick you up with the Aid car."

I rolled my eyes and chuckled. "Like that's any better."

.

I sat on my chair and started doing my school work while doing dispatch. "Aid 19, this is dispatch, have you found the victim?"