23: Summer and Youth National Team Camp

It's the last day of school, which means that Michelle would be flying to Missouri in a few days, then Florida, then to Chicago because of the United States Amateur Soccer Festival. Then 2 weeks of hell with her mother in Poland.

All eyes were on her and their jaws were dropped as she walked down the hallway, well, more than usual because of the Cheerios uniform that she had on. Michelle sighed, hating the fact that her usual joggers, shirt, and varsity jacket. 

"I don't like this." She met Santana halfway through the hallway and they started walking towards the field together. "I already get attention as it is and this damn cheerios uniform is making them creepy boys stare at my ass."

"You're super high up that hierarchy now, like, you're the queen bee of the queen bees." 

Michelle chuckled and shook her head, interlocking their pinkies as they watched the rest of the Cheerios and tried not to kill every Cheerio who pointed and whispered about them. "I don't care about being the Queen Bees of the Queen Bee."

"That's because you have always been the Queen Bee."

"No, that is not." She turned to her best friend and gave her a stern look. "I actually hate the attention, you and I both know that. I am so close to jumping off the goddamn cliff and you bet your ass that I will take them with me."

Santana grinned at the woman beside her as they started going into position. "With all the men swooning at you? How could you ever hate it?"

Michelle grinned and rolled her eyes, once again ignoring all of the stares and just did the routine that Sue taught them. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The first day of summer had finally arrived, which means that it was time for her to fly to Missouri to spend some time with her best friend, Becky. She walked out of the airport, both of her suitcases beside her. 

Her eyes looked around the airport, only to be met with Becky and her mother. She gave them a beaming smile and a wave. "BECKY! JANE!"

They both smile at the younger girl, pulling her into a group hug before guided Michelle into the car.

"This is going to be a rather interesting summer."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

After spending weeks in Missouri, Both Becky and Michelle flew to Florida to spend some time on the beaches. Get their tan on.

"Bitch, I still cannot believe that Quinn got pregnant AND already gave birth," Ashlyn told her best friend in disbelief.

Michelle shook her head and chuckled. "Beth is a cutie, looks exactly like Quinn."

"Are you ready for the camp this year?"

Michelle hummed and nodded her head, leaning her head on Becky's shoulder. "I am yeah. Not looking forward to Poland though. A beautiful country I bet, but being in another continent with my mother is like giving me a taste of hell."

"Tell me how hell is, considering going there."

Becky gave the both of them a look while the goalkeeper and forward laughed and high-fived each other. "You know we love you, Becky."

"Yeah, and you could always come with us, I'm sure we would conquer the whole underworld with the three of us there."

Michelle yelped when Becky pinched her sides making the defender give her best friend a smug look. "I hate you both so much."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Player of the match! Michelle Martins!"

A bunch of their teammates gathered around their captain after she scored her 3rd goal that match, ending the whole match with a 4-1 score, Becky scoring the other goal and assisting on 2 of Michelle's goals.

Everyone that was watching was amazed at Michelle, especially when she links up with Becky. It's obvious the both of them are close friends, and it shows on the field.

Michelle put her hand out to Becky and high-fived them before going over to the bench to get water. "Martins is back!"

She looked at Becky with a smirk. "I never left baby!"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Being back in Ohio for a few days after spending 2 weeks in Chicago for camp and the United Stated Amateur Soccer Festival, which they won. She was actually recruited to the U-19 Women's national team so she was going to have to leave Becky for a while since she was staying with the U-16s.

She laid on her bed, Santana beside her, the legs tangled together as they laid there in silence. Michelle had a distant look on her face, making Santana look at her with concern. "You okay Mitchy?"

Mitch looked up at the Latina, gave her a smile, and nodded. "Yeah. I am just not looking forward to going to Poland."

"I am not looking forward to going to school without you."

The soccer player chuckled and hugged Santana tighter. "It's only going to be 3 days."

"Yeah but it sucks that your competition overlaps with the first days of school."

Nodding her head, Michelle just sighed in satisfaction and let her hand drape around Santana's waist. "Let's just cuddle, please? Mother is coming home in an hour and we won't be able to cuddle while she is here."

Santana nodded and pulled Michelle closer. "Okay. Take a nap, I'll wake you up when I hear her car pull up on the driveway."

"Hmmm okay, thank you."

They both had not talked about what they both were, with Michelle still pretty much figuring her sexuality out. 

Do I like girls? or just Santana? Am I done with boys? Or do I like both?

Those questions are just some of the things that have been circling around Michelle's head and she honestly still has no answer for that. All she knows is that girls are attractive, Santana is beautiful, and she just feels different around her. 

Is this a phase? Will it change? She doesn't care. All she knows is that she feels more when she is with Santana than when she was with Finn or Mike.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Walking behind her mother, Michelle's face is scrunched up in annoyance as they walked through the airport. They were flying to Poland in first class (because her mother only flies first class) and Michelle already wanted to turn around and leave her mother stranded.

"I just don't understand why you have to continue playing soccer when you have such a bright future in ballet, gymnastics, figure skating, and violin. Look at us now, flying to Poland for our competition, representing the United States."

Mitch looked at her mother confused. "Our competition? Last time I checked I was the one playing, not you."

"I pushed you out of my vagina, so that's my competition as well."

The 15-year-old rolled her eyes and kept her mouth shut and just continued walking beside her birth giver as she criticized every choice her daughter had made in the past years.

God, Allah, whoever the fuck is looking over all of us puny pathetic humans, please give me the strength to get through these 2 weeks. I don't want to murder anyone this trip.

Mitch sighed and closed her eyes, just going over the pieces in her mind, hoping that her mother would shut the fuck up.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A/n: A little filler on what her summer looked like, I start season 2 on the next chapter. Thank you for your patience with this book, I have 2 other books that I constantly update but I would be concentrating more on this and Saving Martins (the life of Michelle as an intern, resident, then eventually, a fellow in New York Grace Hospital - yes Grey's Anatomy KEKW-)