10

The remainder of the mission went fairly smoothly, they ought for a bit on the ground with the locals by their side, but the battle was nearly over before it began. With not a lot of droids to backup the ones that where constantly fighting, the battle was over in a few short minutes, maybe even less.

The defective batch of clones where now in the ship as Theo said her goodbyes to her former master and friends.

"Well, i suppose this is goodbye." Obi-wan stated sadly, staring at his former padawan. He had a very sad look about him, but he understood her place wasn't with the jedi anymore. He understood that she wasn't meant to be with he order, and that the force called her elsewhere.

"I suppose it is."

The two stared at eachother for a while, just memorising the others features all over again. They very well could never see another again, so this moment was important for the both of them.

"Do they know?" Theo suddenly asks, piercing the silence

"Im sorry?" Obi-wan questions, rasing a brow

"Rex and Anakin."

"Rex does, Anakin doesnt. I knew if i told him he'd act brash, and he does that enough."

Theo chuckles at this, before a sad smile falls on her face, recalling all the memories she had of Anakin doing something stupid.

"I really will miss you guys."

"We will miss you too Theo, but your place isn't with the jedi anymore. The force aura around you is screaming for you tor return with those clones, and i can tell you want to too." Ob-wan stated sadly, causing a tear to slip down theos cheek.

"Yeah..."

Thats all she replied before she slipped back into the ship.

--

Theos pov

After i said me and echo said our goodbyes, we took him back to our ship, and we returned to our courters. Well, everyone else did. Echo joined us for the ride, and I decided I wanted to help him. Afterall, I remember working with him back when i was in the order, only a few times but I was close friends with Rex and fives so I knew Echo fairly well. Not great, but enough.

"Hey echo?" I call out, knocking three times on his new bunk door with the back of my hand

"Yeah?" His groggy voice calls out. I can hear the sadness in his voice, the brokenness, and it makes my heart fall. To see such a good soldier so crushed, so completely destroyed... it reminded me why I wanted to leave the war behind me.

"Can I come in?" I ask softly, only to hear a small grunt, the door creaking open in front of me

"Of course." Echo smiled at me, but I could tell he was tired. Not only was he mentally and physically drained from the traumatic events and the constant machines ripping information from his brain, but he was also very sick of the bad batches bullshit, which only fed to his problems.

He loved his New squad obviously, his new family, but that didn't mean that he wasn't still drained and upset with their constant fighting, which didn't mix well with his already low energy, traumatized self.

"Are you alright, Echo?"

He lets out a low, dark chuckle.

"No, no I'm not. But I guess that's what happens when you witness war..."

"Echo, I-" I mumble, choking on my words until he cuts me off

"It's not your fault Theo, but I just-"