18

I may not update for a bit, as I haven't been doing very well mentally. In case you didn't see the announcement I made. I apologize, and I'll try to put out a chapter for my other tech fic, as well as this one soon!

Also unrelated, but if I made a prequel for this book about her time with the Jedi and the clone wars, would anybody read it?

Flicking the switches on my small ship as I fall out of hyper space, I inspect the scrap planet I'm about to land on. Even from afar, outside of the atmosphere I can tell this planet was a junkyard. You could practically see the layers of metal upon metal that cover the dirty surface, a few little sprouts of murky water revealing themselves in between the big open spaces of dug up scrap parts.

I could see my communicator flashing from beside me, the red light fading and reappearing as a small sound streams out throughout the air. It always annoyed me when com links would blink and chime, they where so obnoxiously loud and annoying.

"Rex?" I ask sharply, but I'm not greeted by the warm, friendly tone of the clone I was expecting.

"Not Rex, unfortunately." A familiar voice sounded out, flicking my gaze over to the com, I see a hologram of none other than my former Jedi master, Obi-Wan Kenobi.

In all his glory, his tall frame was slouched slightly, a cloak overtop of his head. I could still see a bit of his well kept beard peaking out from underneath the brown fabric, and soon enough I saw his whole face when he slips the hood off.

"Ah, Obi-Wan, how did you find my com address?" I ask raising a brow, confused as to how he could have managed that. It's not like there are just databases with our com addresses in them, at least, not yet.

he only replies with a small chuckle, as he gives me a warm grin.

"I have my sources Theo."

Shaking my head, I look back to the approaching planet, seeing that I would be entering the atmosphere any moment now.

Dang, no time to catch up.

"Well Obi-Wan, I'd love to chat, but I'm currently about to join Rex on an expedition on a junkyard. And I need him to com me the cords." I explain, sarcasm laced in my tone as I fiddle with a few buttons and switches, trying to prep the ship for landing. Out of the corner of my eye, I see the small smirk on Obi-Wans face fall, soon replaced with a solemn frown.

"Alright, but com me back when you can." He responded bitterly, stroking his beard. I only roll my eyes at his habit, before grinning at him.

"Was there any ever doubt I would?" I remark dryly, causing him to give me a look. One of those, side eye, squinty, close to smirking but not quite, skeptical type looks. He gave them to me all the time when I was his padawan, and honestly, I quite missed the look. It brought back some fond memories.

"Some..." he said feigning hesitancy, causing me to snort

"Oh yes, "some"."

I see him smirk at me, before I flick my gaze back to the planet, seeing how I was about to enter the atmosphere.

"I really have to go." I muttered bitterly, not exactly wanting to stop talking to my former master, and father figure that I hadn't talked to in ages. His mood seemed just as grim as mine when he gave me a curt nod, and then a small smile

"I love you Theo, stay safe."

I smile back

"You too."

And with that, I flick off the hologram and cut off the com link, before switching to a different signal, answering Rex's call.

"Alright Rex, whatdya got for me?"