25

Standing in front of the cantina, I stare up at the old neon sign; the red glow flickering in and out of existence. I can feel my heart hammer in my ears, even if they shouldn't. Sid's bar... it isn't a pleasant place that fills you with butterflies and smiles. It doesn't create your cheeks from grinning so hard, nor does it make you grin at all. It's simply there; if not worse.

Suddenly I feel a warm presence on my shoulder. Turning my head to address the warmth, I see none other than the gloved hand of Tech on my shoulder, wrapping itself around it comfortingly. Giving him a soft grin, I see his features shift into concern, a comforting aura to him.

"Your shoulders are tense." He states factually, causing me to feel my shoulders pushed up.

"Hm... I suppose they are." I murmured, causing him to raise an eyebrow. I only shake my head foolhardily, averting my gaze back up to the flickering sign and not-so-welcoming entrance.

I can feel the gaze of Tech burning into my back behind me; his gaze sharp, intuitive and intense. I could feel the thirst he had to find out why I was acting weird, and knowing Techs intelligence, I didn't doubt he suspected something. He was too smart; I simply couldn't hide anything from him.

Walking inside, I hear wrecker groan about something, Echo quickly following suit with a snarky comment. Rolling my eyes, I slip myself onto one of the bar stooled and make sure my hood covered my eyes. I didn't want to start unnecessary trouble.

"Do you know Sid?" Hunter asked the trandoshan, his voice smoky and confidential as usual.

"Nope, never heard of him." They snarked back, causing me to cough. A few of their heads turned to me, but generally they seem unphased. as I snickered at their ignorance. Really, it couldn't be more obvious. How has Tech not figured it out?

"She is Sid, idiots." I snicker, causing Tech to raise an eyebrow at my sudden hostility and sarcasm. Looking back to Sid, he rotates the rim of his glasses around before he looks back to me, nodding as if he confirmed his suspicious. Though, what those suspicious were — I had no clue.

"Way to reveal my secret identity, shady." She bit back at me, causing me to hold back a groan at her nicknames. Always quick to judge a character, always quick to examine and analyze. I'm surprised I don't find Tech annoying for that, though, then again, there is something about Sid that just makes her so...insufferable.

"Whatcha want boys? I'm runnin on a clock."

The bad butchers exchanged looks between each other; silently communicating, silently debating what to do with the exchange of gazes. It was if they communicated with auras, or even with the twinkles in their eyes, or the slight twitches in their lips or eyes.

The conversation faded our to me; thoughts consuming me as I stared our at the slot machine that rest itself in the corner, clad in purple and red lights. I felt a firm ground slip it's way onto my lips unknowingly; and I couldn't help but feel a little uneasy for some odd reason.

"Theo.."

Looking up and suddenly snapping from my trance, I realize the bad butchers had dispersed, Tech the only one still in this area of the cantina. Once again his hand was wrapped firmly, yet softly around my shoulder, a concerning gaze in his eyes as he stared down at me. It made butterflies clutch the walls of my stomach, and it made heat climb its way dangerously quick from the corners of my neck up through my ears, wrapping itself around and consuming my cheeks.

"Tech." I greet, causing him to give me a blank look.

"How are you fairing?"

I give him a perplexed look.