15

I stand there, fending off dozens upon dozens of clones as i wait for my inevitable death. The sound of blaster bolt after blaster bolt hitting my lightsaber clashing off into the surrounding areas of the ships main hanger.

The planet overhead slowly gets closer and closer, the inevitable feeling of being burnt to a crisp or being crushed on collision tingling my senses. I knew death was near. Soon, the question i always wanted answered would be.

What happens after death?

Though I know there's no hope for me, I still look around. Letting my gaze wander every chance I get between blaster bolts, looking and searching for a way out of the mess I've gotten myself into. I knew it was hopeless, but I couldn't help but search.

I could feel the harsh, cold wind whip through my hair and nip at my skin angrily, the feeling of oxygen slowly degrading from the air. I knew my time was limited as I scanned for hope, but this is just what humans do? Isn't it? Search for hope when there is none?

No.

I'm not going to give up yet, there may still be a way out of here. Maybe. Just maybe.

There is always a way out. I just have to get...creative.

Looking around as I deflect the blaster fire directed at me, I notice a small ship from the corner of my eye. It was a tiny little thing; looked to only be capable of hosting one person, maybe an Astromech if your lucky... but I'm not.

"Alright..." I mumble, a small twinge of hope bubbling up at the thought of having something, anything, that may save me form this situation.

Only one complication, it was behind a door that wasn't opened. In order open it I would need to get to the control panel, which was all the way up where we came from. Jesse and his batch of clones stood in the way.

But maybe, I wouldn't need to get to the control panel.

"R6!" I shout, looking around for the red astromech that accompanied Ashoka, Rex and I. I didn't get a good look, but I'm pretty sure r4 was taken with them... plus, R6 always seemed to like me.

The droid let off a screech as he rolled across the metal floor, finally reaching me.I gesture to the control panel, then the ship, and he seems to understand. To be honest, I never understood how astromechs understood gestures. They can't see...

Alright, my job now is to get to the ship.

I let my gaze dwindle from the battalion of clones before me, and flicker over to the small ship. I tried to keep my trail of sight discrete so they wouldn't catch wind of my plan; scanning in small bursts while I scan the rest of the room to hide my goal. From my small flicks of eyesight, I could estimate around 10 clones standing in my way directly.

Sighing, I look up at the control pannel, noticing R6 waving at me with his little plier attachment thingy. I grin, lifting my index and middle finger to wave back as I deflect another blaster shot.

These clones really didn't play nice, huh?

Reminds me of some other people I know...

Speaking of them, I wonder how the bad batch are doing. It's been a while...

How's Tech doing?

I haven't thought about him much since I left, only when Ashoka made me question if I had feelings for him... but I want to know, was he doing ok? How was the end of the war treating him? Did... did his chip activate? Will I not be able to see him again?

I feel fear bubble up in my stomach at the though; not being able to see Tehc ever again? Because he wants to kill me?

...

That sounded awful.

My thoughts are broken off when I hear the blast door opening, the ship being present. I grin a little, but it quickly drops when I notice Jesses gaze flick over to it.

"She's heading for the ship!" He exclaims, but it's cut short. I deflect a blaster shot that he had shot at me in haste, and it chipped his chest armor. The searing black mark burnt through the layers of pristine white and blue armor, letting off a burnt smell.

Some clones pause fire to look at their injured leader, but most continue firing as ordered. It was annoying, having to deflect all those shots, but it was rarely easy.

I started a mad dash to the ship; using Jesse being hit as my cover. My tea, blades blur in my eyesight as I whip them around, deflecting blue blaster fire. A few shots hit the clones chests or legs, rendering them unable to fight, dropping the numbers. A few more got hit, then a few more, but the fire continued.

It felt like forever I fought my way to the ship, jumping overtop clones, deflecting shots and dodging, but eventually I made it.

Force pushing open the lid to the pilots seat, i leap into the seat, feeling my body collide harshly with it. The leather clawed and nipped at my exposed skin, as the friction from the fall caused it to burn. My butt and back hurt from the landing too; but that was the least of my concerns.

The planet was coming up

And fast.

Feeling the ship jerk a little with every shot fired, I hastily power it up. The engines take a moment to roar to life, and when they do they are glitchy and hesitant, but eventually they let out a mighty roar, causing me to grin.

I may just make it out today.

Flying through the same area Rex and Ashoka escaped from, I am greeted by tones of debris.

Dodging a huge piece of metal that ripped from the ships exterior, I then dodge some bolts and a coil that rained from the ship. Heavy, Dark, black smoke cloud my vision as I try to steer around the debris, causing a little bit of anxiety to claw at my throat.

I continued dodging debris, but it wasn't long before I wasn't so lucky.

I got hit by a major piece of metal, gouging into my ships side and rendering the engine useless. I try everything in my power to turn the power back on; hitting buttons in different sequenced and slamming my fists into the control panel, but nothing worked.

My ships power was off, and my engine was ruined.

There was no way out of this, I was going to crash.

Steering my shop over to a clear patch of land the farthest away from the cruisers crash point as possible, i level out the ship into the "crash positioning" I was thought at the temple when we learned to fly. Apparently, this was the proper position that gave you the highest chances of survival.

Or something like that.

It sorta worked as I collided harshly with the ground, my head lurched in weird directions as I feel the ship tear through the ground; but eventually, it comes to a halt, me with it.

Jerking forward, I collide with the steering wheel, and ultimately passing out.

Everything, went black.