A dozen days

She gets up taking a napkin off her lap she walks away. I shift in my seat looking at the beautiful food in front of me I ate earlier but I always have room for more food.

I glance at Colette she's on her phone "I don't think you mom likes me." I utter in secret to Sebastian he snickers a bit.

"Your actually worried she won't like you?" He ask like he thought I was kidding this whole time. "Umm like yeah. Did that not clue you in the first time I mentioned it?" I utter he shrugs I though you were assuming she hadn't already made up her mind about you.

I shoot Sebastian a baffling look "of course I need topics something I can spark a conversation with her" I stammer.

He huffs "just talk about her she loves doing that." He answers

"Sebi please." I ask putting my hand on his thigh. He sets his cup down.

"She likes charity and the color brown also call her by her last name she'll give you respect which she so kindly took from you when you agreed to this" he explains amusement at the end of his statement.

"What about your dad? How do I get in his good graces." I mumble he puts his phone down "I don't know your name isn't Sebastian or Carlo so you should be okay" he says with a serious tone but I can tell he's joking.

"Adriano." I mutter.

"She's probably on the phone with him right now it doesn't take this long to pour a drink so he should be here in a little while." He mumbles staring at the hallway.

Not to long but him mom comes in setting down my drink in the maids hand it's bright orange with a cocktail umbrella sticking out of it. "Thank you" I thank her and the maid. "Dose this have a alcohol in it?" I ask the maid she shakes her head no I nod with a smile.

"Your father on his way but no need to wait for him let's eat." She explains sitting back down placing a napkin over her lap. She picks up one of forks sticking it in her lasagna Colette dose the same I follow but I have so much cheese I place the fork in my mouth pulling it out smoothly.

The flavors melt in my mouth this is delicious I take a sip of my drink it taste a bit like mango with a bitter after taste.

"Romie" Sebastian laughs
amused I've never heard him say my name his hand cups my chin. Confusion settles my face.

He uses his thumb to wipe food off my chin and bottom lip. He licks the excess off his thumb "T- thank you Sebi." I stutter to him dazed that was adorable. "that was so cute." I hear Colette chirp. I smile slightly. His mom clears her throat. Cross her arms her hair in a tight style.

I look at his mom she's fuming irritation I swear I saw a puff of steam come out her ears.

I look around the table no one seems to notice although Colette and Sebastian aren't looking I shove the side dish some mac n cheese in my mouth just in case she tries to talk to me. I think I should stick with calling him Adriano.

"So Where did you to meet?" she asks stabbing her fork in her man n cheese so aggressively. I take a sip of my drink to avoid eye contact.

"The ball" Adriano lies with such simplicity that familiar bitter taste hits me again but makes me feel woozy this time.

She nods with a huge smile like she painted it on herself. "Romie do have any fun hobbies or anything!?" Colette ask Sebastian moves his hand to my thigh moving it up and down. "I did cheerleading for two years." I mumble.

"I volunteered In Haiti for 2 months" I say with a delightful smile. Sebastian gives me a impressed look chewing and nodding at the same time.

"Wow. Impressive" Colette implies. "oh your parents were totally fine with that" Sebastians mom asks twisting her fork and staring me dead in the eyes.