35 minutes

"why don't we have a dog?"

seokjin let out a shallow sigh as he peered down at his son, not wanting to fully avert his eyes from the newspaper before him, "huh?"

ryuki looked up at the ceiling and slapped his forehead with his dainty palm, mimicking a gesture he had seen one-too-many times on the television, "why don't we have a dog? miss summers has one."

"well," jin thought for a moment, wondering what would be a sufficient answer for the young boy who had now abandoned his action figures on the carpet he was seated on, "your teacher has horrible taste in men and ice cream, so i don't think we should be following her lead on anything outside your schoolwork."

ryuki nodded, even though he didn't completely understand what it was his father had just told him. "...so can we get a dog?"

"let me think about it." jin replied, knowing he already had his mind made up.

unfortunately though, ryuki was unaware of the fact that his father would never say yes to such a request so when he heard these words, he was already halfway over the moon.

"i thought about it and... no. there will be no dogs under my roof."

"but-but-"

"look, if you want a dog so bad, just play with miss summers' dog." he stated blankly, not thinking much of it.

big mistake.

"let's go to miss summers!" ryuki said excitedly, already standing up and tugging on his dad's sleeve, "please, please~"

jin was about to refuse but thought about it for a moment. there is no law against a student paying their teacher's dog a visit so why did it feel so weird just thinking about it.

"appa, please!"

seokjin waved his hand in a dismissive manner before leaning into the couch, "go and get your shoes before i change my mind."

with that ryuki went running out of the sitting room and up the stairs to his bedroom. seokjin pulled out his phone and dialed in the first four digits of daphne's phone number, waiting for her contact to appear.

he placed the phone against his ear and listened as it rang, waiting for her to pick up the call.

"hello?" daphne said, the sound of confusion evident in her voice.

"hey, daphne. it's me, mister kim-"

"i know who this is, what's up with the formalities, mister richie?" she asked him

"teh. do you prefer when i call you peasant, because i'm always willing to go down that road."

daphne sighed and rolled her eyes, already growing tired of the conversation , "why did you call? is ryuki okay?"

"mm, he's fine... he just misses you. not sure why though, you're such a pain in the-"

"so are you."

seokjin chuckled lightly at her response, "touché. so, is it alright if we come over for a visit?"

"actually, no. i'm in the middle of something so-"

"great! we'll be there in 35 minutes. see you then, daphne." he replied before ending the call and slipping his phone back into his pocket.

••••

daphne placed her phone on the kitchen and groaned loudly, feeling the frustration set in.

katy glanced over at her from the other side of the kitchen, raising an eyebrow, "so...that your baby daddy or something?"

daphne turned to look at katy, the irritation clear on her face, "father of my student."

"see, i wasn't completely wrong. he's somebody's baby daddy. why'd he call though?" katy asked.

"his son wants to come over and he called to check if it was convenient for me," daphne explained as she reached out for her coffee mug, "unfortunately, he'll be coming whether or not it's convenient."

katy hummed lowly, looking around the kitchen and peering into the sitting room, "you should probably clean up if you're gonna have guests."

"no fucking shit. only issue is i don't have time to shower and clean the living room."

"...i'll do it. i'll clean up the living room and the kitchen." katy proposed, giving her older sister a smile.

"in exchange for what?" daphne asked, already knowing that nothing could possibly come free from katy.

"it's the least i could do since you're gonna be buying my groceries."

daphne gave her a smile and nodded her head, "you sure you don't want something else?"

"well, since you insist on spending money on me; a pair of nike shoes."

"a what?"

"nike shoes... i want a pair of nike shoes. i've never had one."

"yes, you have. dad-"

"that doesn't count, those were literally baby shoes, i couldn't even walk yet!"

"whatever. any specific type?"

"nope. they just have to be nikes and my size."

"deal." daphne replied before leaving the kitchen and making her way to the bathroom so she could get herself cleaned up for the day.

katy stood up from the stool and stretched out, before leaning down to pat taeyang's head. "you wanna watch me clean up?"

________
Double update because I've been so inconsistent. Enjoy, xoxo