we've got guests

walking down the stone path that led up to daphne's front door, seokjin cleared his throat, earning the attention of his son.

"ryuki." jin said with a soft yet firm tone, "before we get into miss summers' house, what are the rules i gave you?"

ryuki made a long 'hmm' sound as he looked up at his dad, trying hard to remember all that they had discussed in the car, "no messes?"

"right, but that's not all. no messes and ?"

"no messes and be... 'p's and q's'?"

"close enough. it was 'be polite and use your p's and q's'. do you want to ring the doorbell or may i do that?"

"i wanna do it!" ryuki replied excitedly before stretching out his arm and pressing the button twice. seokjin gave him a doting smile and ruffled his hair, 'so cute' he thought to himself.

the pair waited outside only for a few more seconds before they heard the sound of the door being unlocked and watched it open, revealing a rather short girl.

seokjin's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. who on earth is this person? had they come to the wrong house?

"are you here for daphne?" the girl asked. she was rather fair-skinned and had frizzy hair that she had tied to the back loosely, stray strands flying about.

jin's eyebrows relaxed when she mentioned daphne, but he was still confused. the girl before him didn't look old enough to be a friend of daphne's, but he found that the longer he looked at her, she looked a bit like daphne.

oh god, does daphne have a daughter? is that why she didn't want me to come. must've been teen pregnancy. maybe even tween pregnancy. so she's a mother-

"hellooo? are you here for daphne?" katy repeated, wondering why the man wasn't speaking.

"yes, yes. here to see daphne. she's in, right?" seokjin asked, snapping out of his web of thoughts

"yeah, she's here. come on in." she told them, stepping aside and giving the pair space to walk in, "i'm katy, by the way. would you like anything to drink?"

ryuki began trotting over to the sitting room but stopped in his tracks when he spotted taeyang's tail hanging off the couch, "tae-tae!" he said excitedly before running over to the dog.

"a glass of water would be fine." seokjin said in response to katy's question before following ryuki into the living room and sitting on one of the dog-free couches.

he watched as ryuki pet the dog and observed how the dog immediately recognised him and started barking.

soon enough, katy returned from the kitchen and gave jin his requested glass of water.

he thanked her before tipping the rim of the glass against his lips and taking a sip, "where is daphne?" he asked, setting his glass on the coffee table.

"she's upstairs, but she should be here any minute. i'll go check on her. "

with that, she left the sitting room and ran up the stairs to daphne's bedroom.

"ay, fatso. your guests are here- why are you dressed like that?"

daphne glanced at her reflection in the mirror then turned to look back at katy, "dressed like what?"

"you're in a dress."

"and?"

"nothing, never mind. are you gonna come downstairs now?"

"yup, i'm ready." daphne replied

the two girls walked down the stairs and made their way to the living room. by now, seokjin already had his hand on the remote and was channel-surfing while ryuki and taeyang appeared to be wrapped up in their own little world.