9

daphne came to an abrupt halt when she heard her name being called. she turned around and saw jin walking up to her as though he had something important to say.

"yeah?" she replied, raising one eyebrow.

"where are you going?" he asked. daphne was confused as to why he wanted to know.

"looking for the maid who has my dog. i wanna go home." she whispered, looking down. jin thought she looked adorable like that, but he wasn't interested in peasants.

"how were you planning on getting home?"

"walking. so where's my dog?" she asked. jin thought about it for a minute. it really wasn't safe for a woman to walk alone even is she had a dog by her side.

"stay over for the night, after all that was the original plan. i'll drive you home tomorrow." he said, trying to persuade her. she bit her lip as she thought about it. was it really wise to walk around at night?

"sounds like a plan." she replied and gave him a kind smile. jin nodded and stretched his hand towards her. daphne was... confused.

"let's shake on it." he explained and she nodded in understanding as she shook his hand. he pulled out his pocket sanitizer and quickly sanitized his hands-

"are you serious, dude?" she asked, folding her arms under her breasts.

"force of habit. come on, i'll take you to the guest room."

the pair walked up the stairs and to the guest room.

"wait, what am i supposed to wear to sleep?" she asked him and he just shrugged, "figure it out, but make sure you're decent because i'll be waking you up."

"thank you." she said.

"you're welcome. sleep well."

<><><>

jin stood in front of the white door, unsure of what to do. he didn't want to barge in but at the same time if he knocked, she would think that he respects her and that simply wasn't the situation at hand.

"fuck it, i'll send a maid." he muttered, but as he turned around he heard the door open.

"good morning, mister richie. ready to go yet?" she asked. jin turned around and saw that she wasn't wearing the same makeup as yesterday.

"are you wearing makeup?" he asked her, squinting at her face.

"no. i washed it off last night. why?" she asked.

seokjin frowned and pulled out his hand sanitizer before sanitizing his hands and touching her face.

"excuse you-"

"yah, i don't know many people that look this good without makeup." he muttered, causing daphne's eyes to widen.

"well, thank you, mister richie." she gleamed and he flashed a quick, yet genuine smile at her.

"yeah, i'm ready to go." he said after a moment of just looking into her brown eyes.

the two quietly left the house and made their way to his black car before driving off.

"so... brian-"

"what about him?" daphne asked, immediately cutting jin off as she fiddled with her perfectly manicured nails.

daphne wore heavy makeup on her emotions all the time even though she knew it horribly unhealthy, but she truly found opening up to be a nuisance. that was why she put on such a façade during last night's events, taking blows at soonmin (albeit she deserved it) and walking out.

after that, she had a good three hour cry before falling asleep to the sound of her own sniffing. she lied when jin asked her about her makeup.

she hadn't washed it off; by time she was done crying, the makeup was gone.

"where did you meet him?" he asked and daphne sighed.

"to be honest... i can't remember." she chuckled and jin looked at her in astonishment.

"how do you not know where you met brian?"

"i don't know. brian has just always been in my life, you know. we went to middle school together, but before that we were neighbors, but i know that i knew him before that. he's always been in my life." she said, persuading her tears to stay in her eyes where they belong.

"i met my wife in my house, actually. her parents and my parents were doing business together and i came downstairs to get some water... and she was there. you know, i almost didn't get that glass of water that day. i was thinking of getting a maid to do it." jin said and daphne watched as his eyes sparkled at the thought of his late wife.

"fate. that was fate right there." she muttered.

"don't be so soft, daphne," jin chuckled, "anyways, she told me her name was amanda, but that was a lie because her name was actually yoomi. do you wanna know why she lied?" he asked.

"shoot."

"she wanted to impress me. i actually told her that my name was christopher. god, we were fucked up teenagers. we kept on seeing each other and one day i decided to ask her out. eventually we got married, blah, blah, blah and then she died."

daphne's brain came to a halt when she heard how blunt he was with her dying and almost choked on her spit.

"i'm sorry what?" she said.

"she could have died a very slow and painful death, but i put her off life support. there was no point because if the body is not willing to survive on its own, chances are time is up. plus, it would be a waste of money to keep her on life support and then she dies anyway when i could use that money to do something else."

"i... see." daphne replied and jin immediately flicked her forehead.

"ouch!"

"next time, don't act so awkward if i tell you a story of mine." he said.

"alright, alright. wait a second, this is not the way to my place! you don't even know my address, where are we going?"

"i am going to the spa. you can wait in the car." he said.

"nuh-uh~"

"fine. you can come along. this will be my 'thanks-for-saving-my-son-and-sorry-about-your-breakup' present. how does that sound?" jin asked the girl.

"i accept."