8

before we start this chapter, i want to thank all of you for helping this book reach 300 reads!to everyone that votes, comments (you know yourselves) and reads the book, you are fantastic!! now, on to why y'all are really here:

brian?" daphne said, blinking multiple times as though she was trying to delete him from her sight.

brian stared back at his girlfriend in utter shock and his mouth fell open while sunmi and seokjin watched their non-verbal interaction.

"d-daphne?" the man stuttered.

"d-duh! what the he-"

"language!" jin said as he stood up and took his beloved child away from daphne before covering his ears, "you may proceed."

"are you guys brother and sister?" sunmi asked with a smile on her face and daphne only scoffed in response.

"if brian's my brother, then this must be sweet home alabama. brian is-"

"the guy who was supposed to pick you up from the park but was too busy planning ways to steal money from sunmi." jin interjected, cutting daphne off and snubbing his sister at the same time.

"he's also my fiancé. nice to meet you-"

"save it, home-wrecker. brian, you're getting married? hold up- is that a bump?" daphne asked as she walked closer to soonmin.

"oh, yes. i am pregnant indeed." soonmin said as she beamed, forgetting the fact that she was called a home-wrecker.

"by who?" daphne asked.

"your fellow peasant over there." jin stated.

"wait, so how do you know brian?" sunmi asked, resting her pointed chin on her dainty hand, leaning forward so that her chest was on display.

"peasants of the same feather flock together." jin declared, still covering ryuki's ears.

"so you mean to tell me that my boyfriend who isn't interested in having children, managed to get some other girl pregnant? life!" daphne shouted.

"boyfriend?" soonmin asked, still completely clueless. it pissed daphne off to see that someone could be so dumb.

"no, father. of course boyfriend! how long have you known brian for, anyways?" daphne questioned and soonmin started counting on her fingers.

"six months." soonmin giggled. she giggled.

"is she actually my sister? she received no smart genes." jin said, shaking his head in complete disappointment.

"how many months down are you?" daphne asked, while brian shifted around uncomfortably.

"four going on five months-"

"you let him impregnate you after one month!" jin shouted while ryuki giggled, not understanding the atmosphere around him mostly because he couldn't hear much.

"in my defense, she said she was on the pill." brian spoke up with his hands in the air.

one could say that brian lost brain cells after spending so long with the stupid soonmin.

"shut up." daphne said through gritted teeth while sunmi blushed as she recalled the events of that night.

brian, on the other hand, couldn't remember much from that night except her saying, 'i'm on the pill'. in fact, brian found it easier to remember every single building he had kissed daphne in, than to recall what soonmin was wearing the last time they kissed and that was yesterday.

"oh, i can't wait to feel the baby moving." soonmin muttered to her now-fiancé. brian looked around nervously, not really wanting to touch her stomach and especially not in this situation.

"sunmi, are you even here?" daphne asked, snapping in her face, but she continued cooing at her baby in korean.

"for the sake of this unborn thing, i hope it's deaf. nobody should be subjected to that." jin said as he faked a gag, causing sunmin to frown.

"i've spent too much time talking to an idiot and his pregnant concubine. it's over, brian." daphne said as she turned around and walked out of the dining room, leaving everyone except soonmin and ryuki with an open mouth.

soonmin because she still didn't really care and ryuki because he was equally mentally absent.

"well, now have you all to myself, bunny." soonmin said as she squeezed his cheeks.

brian shook her off immediately, "i don't know where your hands have been, lady." and she flinched at his tone, even though she should have been used to it by now seeing as he was never really physical with her unless she asked him to be.

"i messed up-" brian stopped when he saw the look on soonmin's face, "what i meant to say was that you can go for her." and sunmi nodded slightly in approval before getting entranced in her swollen belly again.

"i shall not be involved with a peasant's sloppy seconds." jin said.

"involved? i mean check up on her." brian whispered, but soonmin was too engrossed in her bump to hear what he said.

"oh, really?" jin questioned, absent-mindedly handing ryuki to the maid.

"yeah..." brian trailed off.

"oh, daphne!"