next chapters

so as you all must have noticed, there are like three main characters so far and i just did that to start slow, but as of the next chapter, there will be a significant increase of characters and i'm going to try to make this book as realistic as possible (apart from daphne spending the night at his home) because i don't want this to be far-fetched.

there will be chapters where there isn't dialogue and it's just talking about principles of life (basic shit made complicated).

for example:
(this is a sneak peek)
time is a funny thing, but it's also a superior thing. people treat time like a god, using time to judge how close you should be with a person.

according to the standards of time, you can't fall in love within four minutes. you can't tell your new friend of five days who you have a crush on because you haven't known this new
friend for long enough to trust them. you can't die at seventeen because you haven't lived long enough.

but is there really such a thing as the right time. it shouldn't be about how long you've known a person for, rather it should be about how well you know a person.

time should be time. nothing more, nothing less.

•••

that's what i mean by having chapters dedicated to principles of life. but i really need y'all to keep in mind that the aim of this book is to be as realistic yet amusing as possible so don't get too sad when bad things happen.

also, i've seen a lit of author's getting offended when they have readers who dislike their book or characters in the comments section. if you are an author need you to read this :

before getting angry or defensive, take the comment into consideration because you can almost always find constructive criticism in it even the comment is 'the main character is so annoying'.

you have to think to yourself, is my character annoying? if you don't intend on having an annoying character you need to take that comment into consideration because there must be some sort of fault in your plot or writing for your reader to feel that your character is annoying.

secondly, keep in mind that you've put something out for the public and there will be negative comments. Not everyone is going to like your book and that is OK. it would be foolish [excuse my language] for you to expect everyone to be nice and respectful. there  are people who are short tempered and are looking for books to lift the spirits and if your book isn't that book expect hate.

don't be that person who tells their readers to find a new book. that isn't very mature. but if YOU are being insulted directly...

POP THE FUCK OFF.