1

"miss summers, please can i have more juice?" kim ryuki asked his kindergarten teacher, daphne. she smiled and discretely gave him another juice box even though the kids were only supposed to get one, but she was willing to give him anything he wanted because he was her favorite.

"thank you, miss summers!" the boy said grinning at his teacher. he ran off to join his friends and daphne found herself smiling at the little boy.

"maybe i'll have one of my own." she said to herself as her eyes followed each child.

daphne continued watching the children play, waiting for the clock's long hand to touch three then the kids would go home and she would go to the park.

RING!

she smiled to herself at the sound of the bell and stood up to give each child their school bag and ensure they didn't leave anything behind before she took them to the 'pick-up' room, where parents would pick up their kids. she counted all the children after which she led them to the pick-up room. on a good day, all the kids would be gone after ten minutes, but on some days, some parents would come two hours later than the right pick-up time.

daphne watched as parents would come and pick up their children and sign them out. she silently wondered what it would be like to bear a child of her own, but she dismissed the thoughts with ease as her boyfriend told her that if she wanted to marry him they would never have kids, and she really did want to marry brian.

"bye, miss summers!" ryuki said as he ran to hug her.

"it's only the weekend, kiddo. and make sure you do the painting work, okay." daphne said, looking at the child she treated as her own.

"you've got my word. bye!" he shouted as he ran off with the maid who usually picked him up.

"i wonder what sort of angels made such a sweet kid." she said to herself as she walked out of the building and made her way to her dog-sitter's house. by time she got there it was four o'clock.

"oh hey, daphne! are you here for your dog?" the young girl asked.

daphne rolled her eyes at the ridiculous question, god, how she despised this girl.

"no, i'm here for some lsd. of course i'm here for my dog." daphne replied. the younger girl rolled her eyes and handed the dig to its owner.

"thank you, katy." daphne said as she walked away.

"sure thing, daphne!"

god, i hate that girl, she thought to herself as she walked to the local park.