how hot is hell, my love?

as seokjin watched daphne and ryuki play with the dog, a smile graced his flawless face. it was comforting to know that his son was this close to someone who could easily be a mother-figure from a distance.

memories of his wife flooded into his head like a tributary.

seokjin didn't think of his wife often and that was because it was painful. well- it wasn't her death that was painful...what was painful was the fact that in reality, his wife was never really the angel that everybody thought her to be. in fact, she was more of a demon and now that she was dead seokjin knew for a fact she was at home in hell where she belonged. of course, he never planned on exposing his strong dislike for his wife to his son. the last thing he wanted was for his son to hate his mother, for no child deserves to hate their mother.

as he let out a sigh and closed his eyes, he remembered how she would come home at ungodly hours smelling like cheap beer and perspiration...

the front door creaked open and seokjin turned his head towards the door, upon hearing the much awaited sound. "yoomi, where have you been?" he asked his 'beloved' wife, rushing to her and helping her take her coat off.

"stop pestering me, seokjin." she slurred. the second yoomi opened her mouth, seokjin regretted asking her a question that actually required a question. "sorry, my love. let's get you cleaned up, hm." he told her, holding his breath. he didn't wait for her to agree and carried yoomi up the-

"seokjin!"

seokjin snapped out of his daze and looked up at daphne, "hmm?" he replied as he watched her approach him with ryuki and taeyang.

"we wanna get ice cream and we were wondering if you would like to follow us to the truck." daphne told him with a small smile. jin couldn't help but smile again. her smile just seemed so genuine and child-like.

"i don't see why not." he replied as he stood up.

the four of them began their short trek to the ice cream truck silently. daphne looked around, just observing her surroundings and noticed that there was a group of about four mothers watching her. none of them looked particularly familiar except for one, but she couldn't remember where she knew the person from. she shrugged it off and continued walking with the others until they reached the ice cream truck. when they got there, ryuki smiled at the old-looking man and pulled on his father's finger.

"appa, can i get three instead of one?" he asked, looking up at seokjin. seokjin smiled and shook his head, " i'm only buying you one cone. do you want all your teeth to fall out before you reach the age of ten?" his father asked him in korean. daphne laughed when she heard his reply to ryuki and patted the boy's head before kneeling down and whispering something to him.

"daphne, what are you telling my son?" seokjin asked her. daphne looked up at him and raised an eyebrow "can't i remind my student to do his homework?" she replied.

"using the teacher-student card, i see. ryuki, what flavor do you want?"

"vanilla!" he replied excitedly.

"vanilla, what?" jin said, hoping he would get the appropriate response from the child.

"vanilla ice cream..." ryuki replied blankly.

"vanilla ice cream, what?"

"vanilla ice cream... in a cone."

"vanilla ice cream in a cone, what?"

ryuki thought for a moment then looked back at daphne who mouthed the word 'please'. ryuki nodded and turned back to his father "vanilla ice cream in a cone, please." he said, finally getting it right. his father nodded in approval and ordered for a vanilla cone, "daphne, would you want one too?" seokjin proposed to her.

she shook her head "no thank you. i've already had enough ice cream today" she laughed, remembering the tub of ice cream she had eaten whilst at home. seokjin nodded and turned back to look at ryuki "we'll be going home in a few minutes"

ryuki pouted and shook his head "don't wanna go home! wanna play with miss summers!" he whined. the two adults blinked and looked down at him.

daphne raised a brow, evidently shocked by the boy raising his voice.

seokjin poked his tongue in his cheek and squatted down to his son's height before stretching out his arm and holding onto ryuki's ear firmly but not harshly enough for him to cry. "let that be the first and last time you raise your voice at me-"

"seokjin, stop." daphne whispered as she pulled his hand off the boy's ear. even though seokjin hadn't grabbed his ear that hard, he was still near tears. daphne swiftly carried him and tried to calm him down.

"you will not tell me how to discipline my child." he said through gritted teeth.

"i'm not telling you how to do anything. there are people watching you and you actually have a reputation. do you want them to think you abuse your child?" she replied. she was only trying to help him because she had caught a karen-like woman walking towards them.

"o-oh... thank you" he stated, now embarrassed by his previous outburst.

"i'm sorry did you say something?" she asked, wanting him to say it louder.

"thank you~" he said again

"huh, i didn't hear-"

"daphne."

————-
AUTHOR'S NOTE

i'm a lazy son of a bitch. that's why i didn't update. please stay safe and my heart goes out to all the Americans. may justice prevail and to the non-Americans, please help and try to donate or raise awareness!!!

IM SORRY THIS IS LATE!