wealth

sorry for the late update, i've got exams coming up and I need to be as prepared as possible, so please bear with me. once again, i'm really sorry.

~~~

daphne closed her eyes and sighed while seokjin stood in front of her, waiting to be welcomed in. daphne couldn't even begin to understand why out of all people the would come to her house, it had to be him- wait, what was he even here for?

"seokjin, what are you doing on my property?" daphne asked him, opening her eyes to look up at him. daphne wasn't a short woman, but she also wasn't that tall. she was about 5'7, but even at that, the few times he was standing next to her he managed to make her feel short.

"i could ask you the same thing, daft-ne. why weren't you in ryuki's class today- oh, and may i come in?" 

"no, you may not. in case it wasn't obvious, i'm sick. and now i feel even worse." she replied. jin looked her up and down and frowned, "you look fine to me." he replied after scanning her.

"you need a pair of glasses and how did you know i wasn't at work today? you never drop ryuki off."

"well, i dropped him today in hopes of seeing you because i can't stand your dog anymore. he walks around my house like he owns it or something. i feel like i'm being colonized."

daphne scoffed and rolled her eyes, "seokjin, my dog isn't colonizing you. he's the sweetest critter you'll ever meet... but if he's really bothering you, let's go. i miss him." she said as she pushed him out of the door and and followed him before shutting the front door.

"what do you mean, 'let's go', let's go where, peasant?" he asked as she walked towards his car.

"well, i know for a fact, you wouldn't have brought taeyang here, so he must be at your place. let's go." 

"you're telling me that we should drive to my house, pick up your dog and then i'm gonna drive you all the way back to this poor-people neigh-"

"i don't believe i stuttered. come on." 

the last thing seokjin wanted to do after driving all the way to daphne's house, was to drive back to his place and then drive to her house all over again. the man was exhausted and was starting to regret the whole thing, "of course." he muttered before walking over to his car and stepping in while daphne did the same with a satisfied grin.

as the pair drove down the not-so busy road, seokjin let himself steal occasional glances at the female beside him- for no particular reason, of course. the more he looked at her, the more he came to realize that he preferred when she was talking even when she was protesting about her not being a peasant. he wasn't a fan of the silence.

"daphne, if i ask you this, promise to not be offended." 

"i have no real choice, do i?" she chuckled, turning to face the man while she pulled out her hair band and let her braids fall.

"you know me so well... but the question is, why are you poor?"

daphne paused and sighed for a minute before deciding to answer him, "i can assure you that i'm not poor, seokjin."

"then why do you insist on living a poor lifestyle?"

"it's comfy. why are you wealthy?" she asked him in return

"i'm far from wealthy, dear peasant. i'm rich, but wealth is less materialistic. wealth would include my money, people i love and all things that make life happy. i don't have that." seokjin replied, seeming to be quite unbothered by telling her that.

"well, you've got ryuki and he's a lovely child. in fact, he's my fav-"

"he has that effect on females. i believe he got it from me." 

"right, because you are such a charmer. with all that money, one would think you could buy some manners or something." she laughed, punching him playfully- something she did with people she felt comfortable with.

"ha-ha, you're so funny. i have manners, peasant. i just decide to be rude to you. it makes these interactions amusing, don't you think?"

"i refuse to feed your ego by agreeing."

they continued conversing until they reached his 'humble' abode, "mansion, sweet, sweet, mansion!" seokjin exclaimed as he made his way to the front door before opening it and waiting for daphne.

"well, aren't you gonna walk into your sweet mansion?" daphne asked him as she walked to the front door.

"ladies first, peasant."