♛ 24

"You should fix your aiming skill."

Dasom groaned. "I know, I know."

They're currently training in their training place- the Empire. Heeseung joined them as he needed Mark's help with a few moves. 

"Mark Lee~ don't be so hard on her." Heeseung cooed, looking at her brother with playful eyes. "50 pushups for you."

"Yes sir." 

Dasom looked at Heeseung in bewilderment. She wondered why he was so obedient towards his older brother. 

"Focus," Mark reminded. "Don't let your curiosity distract you."

Dasom loaded her gun again, turning around to look at the shooting target in front of her. Mark sighed, storming towards the girl. "You're holding it wrong,"

He stood behind her, wrapping the both of his arms on her's, guiding her how to aim from behind. Dasom turned to look at him with an eyebrow raised, not used to the sudden contact.

"Now shoot."

So she did and it managed to hit the bullsye.

Mark stepped away from her, folding his arms on his chest again. He looked at her, signaling that he wanted her to shoot again.

Dasom followed what he taught him earlier, closing her left eye, pulling the trigger. This time, she managed to hit the bullseye by herself.

Dasom looked at the target, smiling in satisfaction. 

"Woah you're good, no wonder Mark chose you to be his new partner." Heeseung blurted, earning a glare from the older brother.

Dasom looked at the both of them with a puzzled look. "Partner?"

Mark groaned, she wasn't supposed to know about that yet. He wanted her to train first before telling her about the whole mission.

"Oops, sorry Mark Lee~"

Dasom cocked an eyebrow, looking at the person that stood right in front of her. Mark still had the both of his eyes shut, thinking of the best way to explain it to her.

"My partner for my mission." 

"What mission?"

Mark opened the both of his eyes, looking straight into the girl's eyes. "Assassination mission."

"Me? Are you insane? You could've chosen someone else like Donghyuck or Jaemin. Why me?"

Heeseung turned his head to look at his brother, but he just shrugged. He didn't want to answer that so he walked away instead, leaving the dumbfounded girl wondering about the answer.

"Because you remind him of him," Heeseung said, drinking his water. "His previous partner."

"What happened to his previous partner?"

Heeseung turned to look at her, sending her a soft smile. "Something bad happened between them. Really bad."

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Heeseung sighed in relief, throwing his bag down to the floor before throwing himself to his bed. He let out a yawn, tired after practicing for so long.

"Ah, I have to wake up early again tomorrow." He mumbled to himself.

Just when he was about to grab his phone, he heard a knock on his door. He hummed in response, too lazy to get up.

The door soon opened, revealing none other than his older brother, Mark Lee. He was holding a brown envelope in his hand, walking towards the younger boy quietly.

He dropped the envelope right next to where Heeseung laid down, causing the younger boy to open his eyes, raising an eyebrow at his older brother.

He sat back up, opening the envelope. But what he saw was beyond his expectation. He never Mark to agree to any of this.

"Really hyung?" Was all he managed to let out, standing up from his bed.

"It's the best way."

"Are you sure about this? You know how—"

Mark sighed, nodding his head. "Father won't approve yes I know."

"I'm fine with this, I really am. I trust you and your decisions, but are you really sure about this?"

To be honest, Mark wasn't too sure about this either. He had thought of it right before he entered this room. He was doubting his decision.

He didn't want his brother to end up like him. But what he wanted to avoid the most was becoming like his older brother.

He thought about this over and over again, but this was the only way that at least will give them less disadvantage. 

"Mark, are you sure?"

Mark nods. "It's the best option."

Heeseung let out a breath, he knew it was a tough decision to make. After all, they're in the opposing team with their older brother now. So perhaps by drawing a line in the middle, at least it could possibly neutralize the whole situation.

"Alright then, I'll join Neo Mortem Mafia."

ooooooo

ooooooo