Chapter 8: a Villain in Training

Here I am wondering why no one has been reading the story today despite a new chapter only to find the chapter in draft state. So sorry for one day delay from publishing schedule. I hope it publishes now properly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Izuku stepped out of Kurogiri's warp gate still smiling. The Nomu himself followed through, and moved to Izuku's father's side. They were in a large industrial-feeling room, probably some form of a warehouse. It was dimly lit like the medical room Izuku had first met his father in before. It might well have been the same building. A loud thump took his attention as a large somewhat humanlike creature stepped out of the darkness behind his father. It was taller than anyone else in the room, with a muscular body, a greyish skin and...

It had its brains visible on the outside of its skull.

"Dad... is that a Nomu? Kurogiri isn't the only one?"

"Yes. I am glad you remember my earlier explanation. That saves time, though you should know that this Nomu is mindless, essentially a walking corpse or a biological robot.

"Who did you use to... make it?" Izuku asked.

"Don't you recognize him?" Izuku could hear the smirk in his father's voice. "Then again, he did give you brain damage."

A fuzzy image of the original owner of the vibration quirk flashed in Izuku's memory along with his last screams of terror as the man was engulfed my Kurogiri's mist.

"You... you..."

"You saw me kill one of them. Did you think I would spare others after what they did? Kurogiri could have killed them, but deemed this a better punishment, and I agreed. This way they can pay you back by serving you."

Izuku breathed in deep. He knowingly chose this life and the man had earned this fate. When Izuku was in their hands he had heard them talk about having killed other people before, they were murderers, they deserved this.

"Why is it here?" He asked.

"For your training of course. The first phase of your training will be to strengthen your body, skills and quirk until you can defeat this type of Nomu reliably. It is a low-tier Nomu, but if you can defeat it you can easily do the same to street thugs like those that kidnapped you and even low-level or non-combat oriented pro heroes. If you plan to exist in my world this is the absolute minimum you have to be able to handle, regardless of what you choose to do."

"I know," Izuku said as he stared at the Nomu towering over him. "I don't want to be that helpless again."

"You should also know that I am much harsher as a trainer than as a father," the smirk had disappeared from his father's face and voice. For the first time since Izuku had learned who the man was, he was feeling like he was talking to the dangerous villain All For One rather than just his long missed father.

"What should I do?" Izuku asked.

"We will start by seeing what you can do now. Fight and try to kill the Nomu. Use everything you know and all of your quirks the best you can," he paused for a moment as Izuku processed the instructions. "Nomu, attack."

The creature screeched in an ear-shattering high pitch and charged. Izuku barely jumped out of the way but didn't exactly land graciously. He yelped as his arms hit the hard floor.

"Nomu stop," All For One commanded. "Izuku get up."

Izuku scrambled to get up, holding his wrist that took the worst of the fall. He winced.