Chapter 56: Names, names, names

Izuku walked up from his home basement gym after his usual short school morning workout and shower. He felt unusually good and not in as much rush to head to school as usual. Then again, he usually had to do his Monday morning workouts alone, only meeting others as he headed out. Todoroki followed Izuku, adjusting the tie of his school uniform. Izuku glanced out of the window and picked up an umbrella just in case.

"The car already came. You got everything you need?"

"No," Todoroki responded quietly, "I didn't have any of my schoolbooks with me at the sports festival."

"You can borrow mine. I can share with Toshi or Tenya."

"Thank you," Todoroki responded, head down looking at the floor. Izuku moved to lightly elbow his side. He could have sworn that the air got a bit cooler as he did.

"Don't act like it's something you'd need to worry about, really. Your father already wants my head on a pike, borrowing books doesn't matter."

"Right," Todoroki said, managing to raise his chin at least. Izuku shook his head.

"Let's go."

Just as they stepped outside the car moved away from where it had been in front of the house, giving space to a large truck with a large crane to drive in front of Izuku's front gate. The driver got out as Izuku opened the gate.

"Good morning. We have a delivery to Midoriya-san, twenty-ton steel cube to be... installed on the ground."

"Yes, that's for me," Izuku responded and turned to point towards the yard. "Set it up over there where there are remains of a large rock. Make sure you anchor it well into the ground. At least one third should be underground and don't spare the concrete."

The man didn't respond. Izuku gave him a questioning glance. The man looked hesitant. His eyes jumped between Izuku and Todoroki as his expression turned gradually more concerned.

"Uhh, are your parents home?" The man eventually asked.

"No," Izuku said bluntly, "and that delivery isn't for them anyway. If I need to sign something, please give it to me now. We are in bit of a rush."

"Well, okay. At least it is the right address," the man muttered and gave Izuku a touch screen to sign on. Todoroki looked at the large piece of steel on the back of the truck.

"Kirishima is going to love that," he muttered.

"Assuming it lasts past the first day."

Izuku regretted saying that right away. Todoroki's lips had been twitching up, but now he frowned. Izuku pulled his shoulder.

"Don't worry about it. The world won't run out of things to punch. If nothing else you can always make him ice pillars to smash," Izuku said. Todoroki's head perked up with new light in his eyes.

"Oh, right... I can."

Izuku mentally gave more points to Todoroki as the other boy walked to the car. His smile only disappeared for the moment when it changed into a surprised expression as he looked at the car.

"You got a different car?"

"It's larger," Izuku responded. "We could barely cram into the other when Tenya wasn't with us. This one works better."

It sure did. The larger black car had two rows of back seats facing each other so they could comfortably fit half a dozen people with room to spare, and that was with everyone sitting together in the back. The driver was separated by a soundproof glass, though Izuku would not have counted on the privacy of the car.