Chapter 54: Beach Views and Promises

I am currently working on the chapter where students pick their hero names. I already got pretty good suggestion for Izuku's name from 3DPhantom but still uncertain especially on Hitoshi's name. Comment if you have any ideas that would fit them in this story.

------------------------------------

The car stopped outside the gate to Izuku's house. As soon as they got out of the car there were thuds, rustling and shouts coming from the yard.

"Get him! Ugh. Don't let go!" Hitoshi shouted.

"I am trying. Agh."

"Have to...! Have to get him down."

Izuku pushed the gate open and looked around. It wasn't difficult to find a mess of purple, red, and black waving in the air in one mess. Hitoshi and Tokoyami had managed to catch Eijiro, literally jumping on him, or at least hanging from his arms trying to pull him down. They were both bruised, with a big nasty one on Hitoshi's cheek, crass and dirt on both their shirts. Eijiro, despite two classmates hanging from him, was still standing. He looked so tense it was a miracle his quirk hadn't activated. He was pressing his lips together with a determined stare on his face as he took a step forward, trying to shake off his unwanted baggage. Hitoshi's and Tokoyami's feet occasionally left the ground in the struggle.

"Legs, get the legs!" Hitoshi shouted and twisted his own leg around Eijiro's, trying to trip him. That seemed to finally do the trick as Eijiro stumbled and lost his balance.

"Yes!" Hitoshi cheered. Eijiro bent his other leg and shifted his weight so he fell, but fell backwards.

"No!" Hitoshi's tone changed. "No, no, no, ughhh...."

He didn't appreciate being a pillow to soften Eijiro's landing as the redhead fell on his back.

"Heh, that was pretty good," Eijiro said and tried to move his arm to get up. "Hey?"

Despite the impact neither Hitoshi nor Tokoyami had let go of his arms and were squeezing onto them even harder than before, if that was possible. Eijiro started struggling to get off. He tried to elbow Hitoshi's stomach but without much space to gain momentum even he couldn't generate enough force to make such a determined opponent give up, even as roughed up as he already was.

"Just give up," Hitoshi demanded.

"No, I never give up. That's not manly," Eijiro declared and tensed again. Hitoshi's back actually rose off the ground briefly but he did not let go. Izuku couldn't help but chuckle at the battle of wills. Three heads turned towards him.

"I think you should give them this one Ei," Izuku told Eijiro. "Not sure which side I would bet on for an obstinate contest here, but it isn't the best use of our time."

"Oh, okay," Eijiro stopped struggling.

"Toshi, Tokoyami," Izuku said. Reluctantly the duo let go, though they seemed relieved when Eijiro got up, removing his weight from on top of them. He bounced up and immediately stretched a wide smile on his lips.

"That was great. I wish we could try again right away."

"Where do you get your energy from?" Izuku asked.

"Eh?" Eijiro looked confused, "food?"

Hitoshi, still laying on the ground, laughed until he started gasping.

"You must have eaten more than I realized then."

Eijiro offered his hands to help the two up. Tokoyami winced as he scrambled up.