Chapter 27: Battle!

Hitoshi's back met Izuku's as he stood ready to fight and cover Izuku's back. Tokoyami came closer but with Dark Shadow looming over him larger than before he still kept some distance and focused on the group of villains that were helping their comrade put out his burning pants.

"Be careful. He is more powerful and difficult to control in darkness. I'll try to cover this side."

"I will keep Fumi safe. You stay away."

"Get them Aaah!!"

A group of thugs tried to charge Tokoyami and got slammed to the nearest wall. Izuku nodded and turned to another group of Tomura's thugs that approached on that side obscured by the rain and darkness.

"I'll charge against them to hold them from crowding us," Izuku said. "Cover my back and knock out those I let pass."

"Okay."

"Focus Toshi. This is what we trained for," Izuku said and fired a series of Hellfire Arrows that exploded in front of the villains, briefly pushing them back. He wasn't willing to kill them with direct hits, he hoped. Hitoshi nodded, but still seemed uncertain and shaky. Izuku spoke again but more quietly.

"Please Hitoshi, I... I don't know what I am going to do if they manage to do something to you, but both things terrify me."

"I... I won't let you down."

That was all Izuku needed. He sprung forward like a giant spring. A blurry figure with a cobra like head jumped through the dark rain and spat something at Izuku. Izuku dodged the slow, relative to what he had trained against, blob of liquid easily and flattened the attacker's nose, or snout, with a single punch hard enough to hurt his own fist. He didn't care though, and the pain went away in a few seconds.

Another person jumped him but was unprepared to meet someone more than capable of taking him on and got tossed in a long arch towards Hitoshi to be finished off.

Izuku jumped back and lit his Dragon Blade when and entire group charged through the rain. Half of a sword went flying its cut end glowing hot red, a blue flash whizzed, followed by a pistol exploding in its holder's hand taking much of the hand with it.

The resulting scream echoed between the buildings not covered by even the artificial storm that more people lurked in. Izuku held his Dragon Blades up as a sword and a shield ready to take them on, but as he did his breathing kept getting faster with flashbacks to his nightmares. A villain with scorpion like tail emerged from the rain sloppily launching his stinger at Izuku. It would have been so easy to cut off the whole limb, but Izuku froze in the middle of raising his blade. An image of piles of corpses in mist flashed over the storm in front of him.

Only the unconscious reflexes honed by his father's air canon training made his body dodge the painful meeting with likely venomous stinger and he backed away some more. With another flashback he glanced back to make sure Hitoshi was okay. He could only distinguish one form standing over two or three laying on the ground. He hadn't let that many through. At least he didn't intend to...

Something hit the back of his neck. A crack vibrated through his skull into his ears, and he might have blacked out for a few seconds. He blinked his eyes millimetres from the wet asphalt coming back to consciousness. Someone shouted right above him."

"I'll make sure he's done. Go kill the other two.

Many pairs of feet ran past.

"Izuku!" Hitoshi screamed behind the whooshing wind; his voice panicked.

Izuku's head spun to the side. His attacker had barely enough time to notice the murderous one-eyed stare before Izuku's legs twisted around his and in a matter of seconds their positions had been reversed. A fraction of a second later his head got hammered between the asphalt and a furious series of punches and the man took it a lot worse than one Bakugo had in a similar situation.