Chapter 50: Comfort and Safety

The car stopped in front of Izuku's house and he opened the door before the driver could get out and do it for him. Unlike usually he wasn't sitting in the middle as he had given that to and pushed Todoroki into that seat with Eijiro on the other side. Their two-faced classmate had not said a word during the entire drive ever since he had calmed down enough to be quiet in the first place. Izuku stood aside to make way for Todoroki to step out.

"Come on," Eijiro encouraged him, "You got to see Midobro's place. It's amazing."

"Midobro," Hitoshi muttered clearly plotting against Izuku, but withheld any more comments as he turned on his spot on the front seat smiling at Todoroki. "He's not wrong."

Todoroki slid from the middle seat and stepped out making the back seats a little less cramped for Eijiro and Tokoyami all of whom had somehow crammed in the car that technically didn't fit that many. On top of that Dark Shadow seemed to have a little dog in him as he liked to hang out of the car window. As everyone got out, they gathered at the edge of Izuku's driveway. Todoroki wasn't interested in anything staring mostly in the empty air. Dark Shadow on the other hand was staring at the house his equivalent of a mouth hanging open.

"Fumi," he said, "I don't think we can get him a house as a thank you."

Tokoyami sighed.

"Just wait till you see it from the inside," Eijiro said. "The baths are especially great after a good spar outside."

"And no fake heroes welcome," Izuku added talking to Todoroki, "especially number twos."

He put his hand on Todoroki's shoulder and they walked towards the door. Fumikage and Dark Shadow kept looking around.

"Most impressive, I can see why you choose to train here. There is plenty of space though I believe I can see where Ida has changed directions while running," he looked at some foot wide patches of upturned grass, then paused and pointed at a large boulder shattered from the top and split in two. "What happened there?"

"Oh that, eh," Eijiro said.

"Izuku just tested how that rock," Hitoshi pointed at the shattered boulder and then at Eijiro, "would do against this rock. It was a one-sided fight."

"So, you use rocks as punching bags for training?"

"No," Eijiro said, "though now that you mention it."

"Not on my yard," Izuku shouted over his shoulder. "Also, I already ordered a steel cube for that. Just be patient until it gets delivered."

"You did?" Eijiro asked surprised and smirked. "Cool. I can't wait."

"Though after today I'm not sure how long even that will last," Izuku muttered.

"My fists are hurting just from imagining it," Hitoshi said.

"Wanna try with my quirk?" Eijiro asked without hesitation. That even got Todoroki to react and glance back at them. Hitoshi shook his head but not in a refusal.

"You are something else."

"Eh?"

Hitoshi sighed.

"Yes, yes I would like to try that."

"Great, we just need to ask Midobro to transfer my quirk."

"The answer is yes," Izuku said as he unlocked the door, "but not today or Recovery Girl is going to come after me. Even the principal and mister Aizawa seem to fear getting on her bad side and I don't want to find out why."

Inside Izuku escorted Todoroki straight to the large sofa in the living room to sit down in peace. The whole group fit easily with plenty of space left over, but Izuku and Eijiro did not leave any around Todoroki.