Chapter 12: a New Plan

Izuku was a bit bummed when Shinso took a different train after the high school fair, but at least they had exchanged numbers and he could still walk with Ida... It felt different than usual, better. He was more relaxed around Ida despite still having a mountain of secrets to keep from the taller teen. His more concerning thoughts raised their ugly head only as Izuku came back home alone. He had really screwed up talking about his quirk with the UA principal close enough to hear. There was still some time left until his normal training would start, but Izuku didn't want to wait and pulled out his phone, sending a secure message to Kurogiri. A portal opened in the basement gym less than a minute later. He exited the portal at his usual training room next to Kurogiri.

 "Your father has not yet arrived, but I will fetch a training Nomu," Kurogiri said.

"No, I need to talk with dad."

"He is still in the medical room to check up on his condition. I can send you there."

"No," Izuku said. "It's close and I don't want to bother you too much. You already help dad and Tomura all day."

"As you wish."

Izuku jogged out of the room and down a dark hallway and eventually into the familiar room where his father kept track of his health. He was just on a computer talking with Tomura apparently when Izuku entered.

"You are early," his father said. "How was the fair?"

"A lot happened and it wasn't all good, though I learned something about All Might too," Izuku said. His father stopped mid motion while putting his collar on. His head turned so his non-existent eyes were staring at Izuku. Izuku was poking the tips of his index fingers together and looking away.

"I may have talked with him, and the principal of UA... who now knows about my quirk."

"We'll that was a quick game over," Tomura snickered on the other side of the computer screen. Through the screen Izuku could see he was in the bar and Kurogiri was already there too.

"You should sit down and start from the beginning," his father said. Izuku quickly explained what had happened from Shinso to the tea moment with Nezu.

"What have I told you about carelessness?" He tsked after Izuku finished. "You talked about your quirk to some of our worst enemies."

"I know. After he first got suspicious, I thought he could find out from quirk registries anyway."

"Yes, at that point talking about your quirk and holding onto your cover story was the right choice, but things would have never gotten to that point if you were more careful."

Izuku didn't say anything, just held his head down. Feeling sorry he almost missed a quick motion and was a bit too late to dodge an air blast from his father. He doubled from an impact on his stomach.

"And it seems that wasn't the only time you were careless today. Remember to always be aware of your surroundings, even when being disciplined."

He shot another blast that Izuku dodged this time. With third he had to vault over an all too familiar hospital bed and the blast still hit his leg, drawing blood. The blasts were stronger than when his father first started this training. It hurt to land on the injured leg, but by the time Izuku got back his balance and checked the wound was gone.

"You are improving, but you cannot always rely on the regeneration to cover for your failures. As for your other actions today, they may not be all bad. We can turn this into our advantage. If All Might is going to teach at UA it narrows down where he can be at any given time. We just need to know exactly where and when beforehand."