Chapter 15: The Villain Exam

Their training for the entrance exam was finally over as the happy, tired trio left their usual training spot. The entrance exams were only a few days away so whatever happened, they could take the next weekend off just to have fun. Unfortunately, they needed to see Hitoshi off for this weekend first, the worst part of every weekend for the past few months. It didn't help that they had worked up plenty of sweat and the February weather did not suit that well.

Luckily one of them had blowtorches for hands when there weren't too many people or police close by. Even the ever law-abiding Tenya moved in closer to the heat, covering the fire from being seen in the process.

"Thank you," he said.

"Can't risk any of us getting sick right before the exams," Izuku said. "At least Toshi is going to get into a warm train soon."

"And then the next time we meet is going to be at the entrance exams," Hitoshi said. "I can barely believe it. The last couple of months have gone so fast, and thanks to you two I feel like I actually have a chance to get into the hero course... maybe."

"I believe you will, unless they really go out of their way to discriminate against your quirk," Izuku said. "The reason I applied at UA is to keep our group together."

"But we don't even go to the same school now," Hitoshi reminded.

"And we only meet during weekends," Izuku shot back. "Though it did give a good excuse to have you stay over some nights. I hope you will do that even if we go to the same school, or even the same class. There are some people who we might come across at UA, and I will need some friendly faces around if we do."

"Are you talking about Bakugo?" Tenya asked. "To think someone like him could be accepted into UA."

"Yeah," Izuku answered. "Unfortunately his quirk and fighting talents are no joke, and he is smart enough to pass written exams. I'd be surprised if he didn't get in."

"Surely UA would vet hero students better than that," Tenya insisted.

"They might ask for records from the previous school, but I wouldn't trust Aldera's records. They didn't bother intervening with him, I doubt they recorded anything their prize student did. Sometimes..." Izuku paused for a moment. His fires disappeared. "Sometimes I wish the sludge villain killed him instead of mom."

The trio stopped as Izuku confessed his feelings.

"That wasn't a very heroic thing to say," Tenya said, "though I can understand where it came from, a bit."

Izuku sighed and kept walking as Hitoshi and Tenya kept up with him.

"I have never pretended to be a hero. Well, not in many years," Izuku answered. Tenya opened his mouth to say something, but couldn't.

"Don't let Tenya scare you. You can say what you feel," Hitoshi said, "and if the exams go well, you won't be dealing with Mr. Boom-Boom alone."

Izuku chuckled. "Are you trying to come up with ways to provoke him into falling for your quirk?"

"Maybe."

"Because if you actually say that to his face, I'll make dad pay for the funeral."

Hitoshi and Tenya both stared at him with some shock, especially Hitoshi. Izuku looked at them with a blank stare. Slowly Hitoshi started chuckling and it turned out to be contagious.

"Yeah," Izuku said when they calmed down. His tone became more serious "I was only partially joking. He has gotten physically violent many times, especially before my quirk manifested. Considering how much stronger he must have gotten since then, you should be careful around him. Ten might be fast enough to get out of the way but Toshi, you aren't."