Chapter 67: Staying Down

So Stain finally flipped Izuku's murder anyone who looks at his friends wrong -switch. Lets see how that goes.

--- ----

Izuku charged, boosting his speed with his jets. His arm was reached out and launched another Hellfire arrow at Stain before even reaching within sword's reach. Shirokuro might have lost to this man repeatedly, but he had to hold back on Izuku's most destructive quirks.

And he had needed the killer alive, there had been no need to defeat him no matter what.

Izuku had neither restriction.

His second shot was smaller than the previous one, but still blew another sizable hole in a wall after Stain dodged it. Didn't matter. He had already embraced Calm Mind although his mind was nothing of the sort as the quirk had cleared any distractions from his murderous goal.

There was only the soon to be dead man and the need to end it. With Izuku's speed he was already upon Stain swinging the white-hot Dragon Blade.

"No Izuku listen!" Tenya shouted from the ground.

Stain had pulled out a large knife. If Izuku's face had not been stuck at the murder stare -setting he might have smirked before the Dragon Blade slid through the metal like hot katana through molten butter.

"Run, get help. I don't want you to get hurt too."

Unfortunately death still evaded Stain as he had evaded the strike behind the useless act of blocking it. He even let go and pulled his hand away to avoid most of the molten metal that sprayed from the stump of the knife.

His other arm swung the katana at great speed. Even in the haze of bloodlust Izuku knew even a single scratch would mean losing if Stain got to his blood. One of the glowing blades had already shrunk and spread into a shield moving in the way of the sword.

Stain pulled it back at the last moment and tried to strike from a different angle, but Izuku dodged and rushed to fire another two Hellfire arrows in rapid succession.

"Izuku?"

Somehow Stain avoided that, only losing a chunk of his long scarf disintegrated into nothing as he ran and hopped backwards on the alley followed by Izuku. The background hum of Tenya's worried pleads got more distant.

Izuku fired a few more times. Anything that got them further away from Tenya was good.

The motions of dodging took Stain's free hand out of Izuku's sight for an instance but his shoulder twitched fraction of a second before the knife flew at Izuku. The smart thing would have been to evade or block with his quirk.

Izuku dodged to the side as hand shot out the Dragon Blade disappearing just before his fingers closed around the handle of the knife near perfectly. It was much easier without extra armguards and while embracing Calm Mind so deeply.

Izuku held onto the large knife as he reignited the Dragon Blade, each of them being in 90 degree angle to each other.

Stain was already upon him. The katana strike ended up much like the previous one, but yet another now smaller knife had appeared in Stain's other hand.

Izuku moved other Dragon Blade to block, but Stain was too quick manoeuvring the smaller blade around the quirk even though heat radiating from it burned his hand. Pain cut through Izuku's forearm and the knife he had stolen fell from his grasp.

The Dragon Blade freed from blocking the Katana slashed at the smaller blade faster than Izuku had ever struck, like a reflex when you touch a hot stove. The blade moved close enough to his own hand to melt the gloves even more than they already had and cut through the knife while Stain was still pulling it back. All blood was either vaporized or left sizzling on the cut off piece of now heated metal as it clang against the ground.