Chapter 68: No More Regrets

I don't know which one of you upset Shoto but looking at the return of all this snow in recent days it had to be pretty bad. I'm not angry but I would recommend apologizing before Izuku finds you .

------------------------------------------------------------

As much as Eijiro wanted to save people a while earlier he couldn't even imagine how the night would end. Mostly he was just excited to be actually patrolling as a hero walking next to Mr Brave with a wider than usual grin on his face.

Even strange looks people gave them every now and then couldn't change that, but even if Eijiro wasn't always naturally the most perceptive person he noticed it after a couple of times and overhearing people talking about the topic of the day.

His smirk was briefly replaced by surprise and there was screech, crash and shouting. Mr Brave had already ran several steps before Eijiro got moving, but he quickly caught up to the man.

There had been a motorbike accident. An old man was just getting up from the ground at a pedestrian crossing after falling, but seemed to be okay. The big motorbike had hit the wall of a building and fallen over. The driver was under the bike. His helmet covered head was moving as he tried to push the heavy bike with help from someone else, but they had difficulty with the large bike just dragging it more than lifting.

"Be careful!" Brave told them. "If there are injuries dragging the bike against him can make things worse. We need to lift it up cleanly. We s..."

"Okay,! Eijiro said as he hardened his entire body and reached over the bike to get a grip. He smiled at the biker.

"Let's get this off you. I'm sorry if there are any dents but looks like you need to get out quick."

"Wha... sure don't worry about it. Agh..." the man finished with a painful grunt as he made the mistake of moving.

Eijiro felt metal bend under his rocky fingers as he made sure to get a good grip and pulled. People often thought he was just as strong as he looked, but you don't punch through concrete walls with just that no matter how hard your skin is. Izuku had reminded him of that more than once whenever Eijiro doubted his abilities.

The bike came up smoothly and Eijiro set it against the wall. He turned to give Mr Brave thumbs up. The hero had a strange look on his face and his shoulders were down.

"Eh, did I do something wrong?" Eijiro asked. Surprised look on Brave's face was a relief.

"What, no, no. Great job. I'll see to his injuries until ambulance arrive. Check on the other man." He nodded to the old man who had now gotten away from the street. Eijiro rushed to the man, but the situation was over quickly as soon as an ambulance arrived for the biker.

As the injured biker was lifted in Eijiro pulled out his phone to tell everyone he got to help save someone. Hitoshi had apparently changed the chat name again. Eijiro chuckled seeing the name 'Izu's nappy time.'

Eijiro preferred the manlier Midobro. Izuku punched more than hard enough to have earned a manly nickname, but Eijiro could see how Hitoshi would have some fun with the cuter name.

'Midoriya changed Izu's nappy time into Just wait for the weekend.'

So Midobro was awake.

"Good morning," Eijiro quickly typed.

"I want to see the miracle maker that actually convinced him to sleep," Hitoshi added soon after. Eijiro had to agree it was impressive of the hero Izuku was interning with.

"I'm not that bad," Izuku responded.

"How many full nights have you slept after getting that quirk?"