Chapter Six: Council Confrontation

By the next day, Braedey had finally recovered and he felt better. He soon got some toast and chocolate milk for breakfast, and he was ready for the day ahead. But on one hand, he's had the Student Council on his mind: it was clear Emily didn't seem to like him because he was a boy, though Lily was friendly and welcomed him. Still, he wondered about who the other members are.

"Something on your mind there, Braedey?" Miss Sunohara snapped Braedey from his thoughts, making him look to her.

"Oh, just my thoughts." Braedey replied. He then looked back to her. "By the way, Miss Ayaka. You said you went to Kyoto Academy, didn't you?" He asked, and she nodded. "You wouldn't happen to be an Enhanced, would you?" He asked.

Miss Sunohara smiled gently with a giggle. "Is it that obvious?"

"Just wondering out of curiosity." Braedey replied.

"Well, yes. I am an Enhanced." Miss Sunohara nodded. "I have an ability called 'Mother's Instinct': by my own command, I release a pheromone of sorts that soothes those around me, and it makes me look and feel more approachable and motherly."

Braedey then thought of something. "The day I arrived here... I fell asleep in your arms. Did you use Mother's Instinct on me?" He asked.

"Of course." Miss Sunohara nodded. "You looked so tired, so I decided to help you sleep."

"No wonder I felt so much better the next day." Braedey shrugged back. He then hugged her, and collected his bag. "Well, thank you for that, and I'll see you later." He said to her, and he left.

Miss Sunohara smiled gently when she watched him go. She sighed to herself and she made her way to the laundry.

~*~*~

Braedey was now making his way to Kyoto Academy, enjoying the rather calm breeze that blew in from the South. He breathed a sigh as he walked along. It made him think of the journeys he would make to and from Central Park with his mother when he was little.

'I feel like today is gonna be a good day.' Braedey thought to himself in curiosity.

"Look out below!" Braedey heard that familiar voice, and turned around just in time to see Tessa flying over a fence with her phone flying in the air.

Braedey now stood his ground, raising his hands up to catch Tessa

Braedey now stood his ground, raising his hands up to catch Tessa. The auburn-hair girl sailed through the air, only to crash right into Braedey, the two of them falling to the ground, the teens yelling out as they fell over.

Tessa groaned to herself, shaking her head and pulling her hair back. She then looked down to see what or who she ran into, and she looks shocked and surprised at seeing Braedey on the ground, his face now buried between her ample breasts. Tessa immediately sat up, allowing a red-faced Braedey to finally breathe.

"I'm so sorry for that." Tessa apologised profusely, her hands together in front of her face. "I was running late, and I was just-"

"Tessa." Braedey's voice stopped the auburn-hair girl from continuing on. "You're not late. You're 5 minutes early." He then held up Tessa's phone, which was still intact, and he showed the time.