Chapter Thirty-Six: A Tournament Pt1

After the story about Rebecca Tannen being the nightmare woman Francine Krueger, popularity for her and her group have plummeted faster than an elevator with broken cables. In fact, the day she came back, everyone gave her dark looks, boo-ed at her, and even began to throw garbage at her to try and get her away. The principal and vice principal called the girls in, and after they explained about what's happened and what they've done. Rebecca and Tina were given suspension from school for about two months. Claudia said she was shanghaied into the whole thing, and she'll take up her punishment, so the vice principal gave her a week's worth of detention, which Claudia accepted and took it on the chest, while Rebecca was dragged off while she screams out in protest and thrashed about, Tina just walking away.

After Rebecca was gone and found out over what had happened, everyone was able to sleep easy and relax more and more at night. Braedey, Leo, Tessa, Hana, and the others have also been able to get plenty of sleep for the next few nights, much to their relief and they soon felt much better after that.

~*~*~

"A Bakugan Tournament?"

One morning, Braedey was talking with Ameri, Prima, Leo, and Dante, the latter four talking to the former regarding a new event that is to transpire in about a week's time. It was a surprise to hear for Braedey, but the more he thought about it, he did consider it.

"Yeah. Since the club has become pretty popular, we had the thought that we could start a tournament." Leo answered and clarified. "We've already talked to the Student Council, and they've agreed. Also, the whole tournament will be broadcast to the school."

"No doubt this'll get some media attention as well for anyone interpreters and curious." Dante added in next. "People will be wanting to see more of the battles."

"On top of that, a big prize will be announced to the winner at the end of the tournament." Leo stated.

"We've already put up a sign-up sheet on the bulletin board so anyone who's interested can compete in the tournament." Ameri included next, Elfin on her shoulder. "Myself and Elfin will be competing in the tournament, as well as be judges for fair play on the battlefields."

"Yeah. We'll be in the game, and watching the game." Elfin added as she hopped on Ameri's shoulder in excitement.

"Agreed. I've already got my name, Ameri, Dante, and even your name down on the sign-up." Leo spoke up.

Braedey was surprised by this. "What? Me? In the tournament? But why-"

"Braedey, you won against Harry in that battle, on top of winning in a draw against me." Leo clarified to him. "Plus, I know you've got what it takes to win in this game, on top of being one of the nicest guys in school. People would want to see you brawl."

"He's got a good point." Prima agreed, all the while with typing away on the laptop computer in front of her without looking away from the screen.

"What is Prima doing?" Braedey asked.

"She's been working around the clock to get this whole tournament ready for when it happens." Leo said back to Braedey. "She's also been placing down firewalls and many safeguards within to make sure all are safe and protected from any signs of viruses and such."

"It's very taxing onto one's mind, so you'll have to her with me not responding to you." Prima answered back as she kept her eyes on the screen. "Please bear with me while working on all these firewalls and programs."

"Right. We'd better go and see who's also signed in for this tournament." Braedey now suggested.

The others agreed with this and they left the club room to go and see the bulletin board and see who's signed in. As this happens, Prima inadvertently tapped some keys without realising, and she entered it into the main system for the Bakugan. Unbeknown to her or anyone else, something is going to happen in the tournament...