Chapter Thirty-Nine: Night Remedies

Within the darkness of a city, Braedey could be seen running on through the darkened streets, sweat having accumulated across his forehead as he sprinted on as fast as he could. The sounds of something coming in fast could be heard from behind, but Braedey did not dare not to look back.

Braedey dove down into an alleyway, making his way off down into another street, only for a wall of fire to suddenly cut off his path, knocking him down onto his back. He rolled onto his front, just as a huge shadow now fell upon him. He looks up and his eyes widen in fear as he now saw the silhouette of a huge dragon.

"D-Drago

"D-Drago..." Braedey muttered out in shock and fear. "What's wrong with you? Why are you like this?"

The Dragonoid lets out a vicious and terrifying roar, one the likes of which that Drago wouldn't ever make. Braedey scrambled up to his feet and ran as fast as his legs could carry him, the feeling of heat getting close as if it was right behind him. He looks back, just as he dives out of the way of an incoming tornado of fire. Braedey looks to where the fire tornado blast through, seeing the tar of the road turn to liquid, while the steel of the streetlights had melted down to a molten mess. Even the windows in the buildings have melted away from the extreme temperatures.

"Holy..." Braedey muttered, then he ran down another alleyway to try and get away.

As he exited the alleyway into another street, Braedey ran off to try and find a way out. But as he ran off, the silhouette of Drago flew overhead, then lands in front of Braedey, the brunette falling onto his back in response. He shuffled back, looking at the Dragonoid before him, just as it stared back, only to breathe a jet of fire at him...

~*~*~

Braedey sat up in bed with a shriek, while sweat was padding his skin all over his body, making his clothes cling to his body. He breathed heavily in deep pants before he breathed a heavy sigh and began to relax a little.

"Oh. It was just a nightmare..." Braedey shuddered. "But... it felt so real. What was that...?" He breathed a sigh, and fell back into bed again. "Man, what was that?" He then fell asleep again, turning over onto his side on the bed.

As Braedey went back to sleep, over up on the desk, Drago had overheard his brawling partner talking in his slumber, and he looks on at the slumbering brunette with concern. He opens up, flying down onto the floor, then he closes himself into ball form again, rolling out of the room under the door. Once he rolls out, he opens up and flies down the stairs to the lounge room. As he arrives on scene, he saw Apollonir with Naomi down on the couch and reading up on the Bakugan handbook.

"Yes. A most-helpful advantage." Apollonir nodded.

"So with these tricks in hand, one can have a hand-up in battle." Naomi realised. She then spots Drago flying in. "Oh, Drago. What brings you here?" She asked.