Chapter Twenty-Six: Confrontation

'Yet again, another night to hunt down those who have shed innocent blood. How long am I going to last?'

Once again, Ghost Rider was out and about tonight within Kyoto, punishing the wicked and those that have spilt innocent blood. Each time he appeared, Braedey would be trapped inside of this black void with flames all around him, no light to guide him forth.

'This is getting out of hand. If this keeps going, I'll never be able to focus on what's happening outside and away from all of this.' Braedey thought to himself. 'There must be a way to try and contain this force of supernatural power.'

Ghost Rider raced along down the roads, the trail of fire left behind him as he rode along the Hell Cycle. He had been on the hunt for those who have shed blood. But as he made his way over to a lone hill just outside of the city, the Hell Cycle seemed to cough and splutter, black smoke erupting from the exhaust on the bike, Ghost Rider now stopping the bike and stepping off.

"Enough." Braedey's voice echoed inside of Ghost Rider's head, the skeletal spirit now looking around, as if trying to find the voice. "I'm right here, skele-head." The spirit turned around, now seeing Braedey in its view, now donning the same outfit Ghost Rider has on.

"You

"You." Ghost Rider spoke.

"Yeah, you're me. The person that who's soul you're now occupying." Braedey stated back. "This thing is getting out of control, and I can't keep going with this."

"Your father had signed the contract with Mephisto." Ghost Rider spoke back. "We must keep our end of the bargain."

"We don't even know what the end of the bargain is! How are we meant to keep our end if we don't know what it is?" Braedey berated the spirit. "So what's the point of doing this if we don't know what the end of the deal is?" Braedey added in. That seemed to make the skeletal spirit look at Braedey with uncertainty. "See? We have no idea what the end of the deal is. We can't keep this going."

"We must punish the wicked who have shed innocent blood and make them pay for their sins." Ghost Rider stated. "It is our duty-"

"Yours, yes. But not for me." Braedey spoke back firmly. "I never wanted to be involved with whatever Mephistopheles had in mind, nor did I want to be your host in the first place." He stepped toward Ghost Rider. "We have to learn all we can about this deal, and why my father did so."

Ghost Rider seemed to look long and hard at Braedey, as if he may be examining the host he now possesses. After only a few more moments, Braedey disappeared from Ghost Rider's view, now leaving him on the hill.

The spectral skeleton looked around again, then got onto his Hell Cycle, now riding off down the road. But as it does so, the Hell Cycle changed shape and form in a flash of flame, now becoming the Hell Charger, just as a flaming portal opened up just ahead to reveal a flaming highway, the Highway through Hell. Without slowing down, Ghost Rider entered the portal, and it closed up behind the car, leaving only a flaming scorch mark in the ground.