𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟸

TRIGGER WARNING: Mention of injuries, Mention of domestic violence, Mention of past traumas (rape), case stuff: Child abuse and abandonment.
♡︎

♡︎"Hey Hotch," Spencer said as he answered the phone

♡︎
"Hey Hotch," Spencer said as he answered the phone.

"Hey Reid, we've got a case. Get here as soon as possible"

"Will do, I'm with Y/n so we'll come in together" Spencer replied before hanging up.

"Have we got a case?" You asked looking up at your boyfriend.

"Mhm, listen, if you're not up for it I can tell Hotch you're sick, or something," Spencer told you softly.

"No, I want-- I want t-to go. I don't want to be here, especially if I'm going to be alone" You responded, pushing yourself off the ground.

"Are you sure?" Spencer asked helping you up.

"I'm fine, I promise"

You kissed Spencer, then disappeared off to your room to pack your go-bag. Spencers bag was in his car, so he didn't have to go back home or anything.

Once you were ready you got into the passenger side of the car and drove to Quantico.
"You should've probably put ice on your eye" Spencer mumbled glancing at you for a moment before looking back at the road ahead.

"Is it bad?" You asked, as you flicked down the mirror. The bottom bit of your eye was slowly turning purple, and it was slightly swollen.
"Shit"

"It's fine, I'm sure... no one. Will. Notice?" Spencer responded with little certainty in his voice. He was well aware that it was hard to not notice a big purple bruise on your face that wasn't there when you left work.

"Yeah uh- everyone will notice, but thanks for the optimism" you giggled before turning your attention to the street outside.

You didn't talk again for the rest of the journey, honestly, everything that had just happened felt like a blur, and it was difficult to focus on anything else.

After a while, Spencer got bored of the silence. Silence also made him anxious and to cope he began blurting out random facts.

You didn't mind, his ridiculously vast knowledge of obscure things, took your mind off your psychopathic mother for a moment and made you smile.

Once you arrived at the BAU, you and Spencer rushed to the conference room, where the whole team was already sitting around the table looking down at the files.

As you entered Hotch looked up at you, then diverted his attention to your red cheekbone and purple eye.

"What happened to you?" He asked seriously as everyone turned to look at you.

"It's a long story sir. I'll tell you later" You mumbled taking a seat with Spencer. Hotch didn't look so impressed by your answer but he sighed and let JJ continue briefing everyone on the case.