𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟽

TRIGGER WARNING: Mention of mental illnesses and WAY TOO MUCH FLUFF.
♡︎

♡︎

"Ready for date night?" Spencer asked as he walked into the bedroom while you were finishing up your makeup.

"Mhm, I'm so excited" you squeaked as you put the lid on your red lipstick and picking up your small handbag.

You and Spencer had barely spoken about the panic attack you had after the case, you promised you'd do something about it if it happened again but you didn't promise you'd tell him if it happened again if he wasn't around.

For the past week, you had started getting nightmares which woke you up in a hot, sweat and panic attacks were slowly becoming a part of your daily routine, but you were able to hide it.

It's not that you didn't think you needed or want help, you were well aware these were clear signs of PTSD. It's just your brain kept telling you that if you made a fuss about it, you were a problem.

"Are you ok? You seem nervous" you pointed out as you straightened your pretty dress.

"What? Oh, uh-I'm more of a staying in with Chinese take-out kind of guy" Spencer lied, very obviously too.

"We don't have to go out if you don't want to" You replied cupping Spencers cheeks.

"No, I want to go... I'm just an introvert that's all" Spencer stated gently pressing his lips against yours.

"Careful you'll ruin my lipstick" You giggled.

"Does that mean I can't kiss you tonight?" Spencer questioned planting another kiss on your lips.

"Of course you can, just-" You stopped to kiss him.
"Wait till-" you stopped again to kiss him.
"My lipstick-" and again.
"Dries"

"Ok" Spencer chuckled finally pulling away and taking your hand.

You were so close to reaching the taxi when your phones began to ring. Both you and Spencer paused look at each other and sighed.

"Rain check?" you asked pulling your phone out your pocket.

"Unless we ignore the calls?" Spencer suggested.

"And lose your jobs" you pointed out as both you and Spencer put your phones to your ears.

"We've got a case" Hotch informed you through the phone.

"We've got a case" Penelope informed Spencer through his phone.

"We'll be there soon" you both sighed in unison and hung up.

"We don't have time to change, I'll grab the go bags, you cancel the car and reservations" Spencer ordered softly, you nodded and told the driver of the taxi to go while Spencer rushed upstairs to get your bags.